Sftp connectivity problems

Good Morning;

I have two raspberry Pi 1 connected to the same router. One has osmc, the other one runs as server running raspbian.

Osmc connects via sftp to the server to access the collection of movies, music …

The problem is that if at some point the internet access fails, osmc does not connect to the server which, I repeat, is connected to the same router. It’s not a problem with IPs. Osmc ip: 192.168.1.9 Server IP: 192.168.1.99

If internet access fails, osmc ping the server without problem, but if I try to play any content, it says that the content is not available and asks if I want to remove it from the collection.

The Kodi log says:

ERROR: SFTPSession: Password present, but does not support password authentication
ERROR: SFTPSession: No authentication method successful

But only until the internet access returns, at that time you can connect and play content without problem …

When there is no internet, I can access via sftp from other computers to the server without problem. I mean, the bug is safe in osmc.

Ideas?

a greeting

Why not use NFS to share the files?

That’s a weird one. I find it hard to believe that it’s an issue with OSMC since it’s simply using Debian code for this kind of thing. It could equally be an issue on your router.

You could see if you’re getting a similar issue with scp. Kick off an scp copy, then pull the WAN cable or disable the WAN port.

Edit: I see that the error is in the Kodi log. I’d also not fully digested the relevance of [quote=“Vivoras, post:1, topic:37853”]
When there is no internet, I can access via sftp from other computers to the server without problem.
[/quote]

so it might suggest an issue with Kodi.

You can either try to get to the bottom of what might be a Kodi-related issue or simply sidestep it by moving to NFS, as ActionA suggested.