Share files on 2 vero+'s

Now after a extremely long pause I get
ls: cannot open directory ‘/mnt/DAVESOSMC/Vero128Gb’: No such file or directory

my file looks like this
/mnt/DAVESOSMC/Vero128Gb -fstype=cifs,rw,credentials=/home/osmc/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,uid=osmc,gid=osmc ://192.168.0.9/Vero128Gb/

/mnt/BEDROOMOSMC/128Gb -fstype=cifs,rw,credentials=/home/osmc/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,uid=osmc,gid=osmc ://192.168.0.17/128Gb/

/media/Vero128Gb/ -fstype=cifs,rw,credentials=/home/osmc/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,uid=osmc,gid=osmc ://192.168.0.9/Vero128Gb/

but on 3 lines without the gaps.

Also on vero file manager takes a couple of minutes to open and won’t display anything in left hand window.
Have rem the last line and file manager back working.

Ok, you first need to decide if you want to go down the path substitution path or you would like to avoid that.

Secondly you now seems to have 2 server defined not one? Can you give an overview of all you clients servers you plan to have?

Also (especially if you have more than one system ensure that you fixed/reserved the IP addresses.

Re path substitution will go with whatever is recommended as I don’t know enough about it.
I didn’t realise I had 2 servers as I just followed the instructions on setting up autofs, but now I see that it was for setting up 2 servers. While it would be nice to read/write or delete stuff I watched on the memory card on vero 1 from both vero’s, I can live without it, if it makes it more complicated.
Re fixed ip my virgin media doesn’t have a setting to do that. On my other devices i have manually set the addresses and did the same on the vero’s. They have kept the same addresses when i tested them by pulling the power connector.

Ok let’s start from back to front. Never do that, always shutdown or reboot properly.

Ok that means you use fixed IPs which is OK unless they overlap with the DHCP range.

Well let’s do one by one.
I suggest you start with just the last line (that I provided) in your autofs for the initial test.

Let’s first start without not to make it more complicated

Thanks fzinken I’ll consider myself told off…
Right done that got the following message
osmc@Davesosmc : ~ $ ls -lah /mnt/DAVESOSMC/Vero128Gb

total 8.0K

dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Dec 8 12:41 .

dr-xr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Dec 8 12:41

Rebooted both vero’s and when I use file manager to look at BEDROOMOSMC/Vero128 directory I get message can’t connect to network server. Happens other way round from BEDROOMOSMC to DAVESOSMC as well

If you now have only left one line left as suggested and that line is

/media/Vero128Gb/ -fstype=cifs,rw,credentials=/home/osmc/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,uid=osmc,gid=osmc ://192.168.0.9/Vero128Gb/

Then for testing do ls -lah /media/Vero128Gb/

How does this look?
osmc@Davesosmc : ~ $ ls -lah /media/Vero128Gb/

total 1.1M

drwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 128K Jan 1 1970 .

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Dec 9 15:51

drwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 128K Sep 3 18:40 Backup

drwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 128K Dec 9 09:39 Movies

drwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 128K Nov 10 15:37 Music

drwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 128K May 16 2019 Photos

drwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 128K Dec 9 12:37 Shows

drwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 128K Dec 26 2018 System Volume Information

-rw-rw-rw- 1 osmc osmc 16 Apr 26 2019 .vbt5

But still can’t acess the files.

Have you configured the sources and the database?
You now should be fine with using identical source settings on both Veros

I have gone into system/media/library manage sources then videos and have the other vero listed. If I click on the listing (say bedroomosmc) it lists the memory card for that machine. (128Gb). How do I configure library, cant find any setting.

1. Did you configured the MySQL server to be used on the client?
  2. Remove the existing sources and re add via “local file system”. After you used autofs the source for the remote folder should be same local folder as on the server Vero

Both vero’s have mysql enabled and both have the server vero ip address.
I have gone into the system/media manage library’s and removed the other vero entry. And the gone into file manager, add source, browse and added via smb. Is that correct?

No, add via local filesystem

Don’t use the file manager either. Follow this
https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

I think uploading log files from both systems might help us even more to help you.
Output for both systems for
grab-logs -s -v

Available at

https://paste.osmc.tv/aqefowibur

https://paste.osmc.tv/laligecupe

Ok, first remove the source BEDROOMOSMC and DAVESOSMC as they is still using SMB direct.

Now I have seen one more problem seems on one system (I assume the server) it shows as /media/Vero 128Gb does your drive lable has a space in the name?
Other than that

No but it did have. Have checked and cant see where it is

Well that is confusing, please provide grab-logs -f for both systems.