Shared storage of media info, watched (etc) for multiple Vero4k+

Update on the project:

I made the mistake of doing something else major as well as trying to set up mySQL. Namely, changing how sources are added/accessed, from “Zeroconf” to “NFS”. Yesterday evening it seemed NFS was working. Not I’m not so sure. This morning, not a single source is working. Of course, trouble-shooting NFS is a separate non-trivial effort. Therefore, I will try going back to Zeroconf to then hopefully evaluate the shared library via mySQL.

Current behavior:

Settings --> LIbrary --> Videos --> (select a source) --> Edit Source --> Browse

Choices:

• Home Folder ( curious if this is this \osmc ? ; if so, this could be stated on-screen )
  • Network File System (NFS)
  • Root filesystem
  • UPnP devices
  • Video Playlists
  • Windows network (SMB)
  • Zeroconf browser

Results of selecting:

1. Windows network (SMB) – nothing displayed (see a ways above for SMB set up on my NAS)

2. Network File System (NFS) – local IP address of my NAS displayed. Selecting it, displays its shared folders. Selecting a shared folder, the display blinks and returns back to what it was just showing. In other words, no effect.

3. Zeroconf browser – a number of network devices displayed:

• my printer
    • FTP file sharing for each of 3 Vero 4K+
    • QNAP (SAMBA)
    • QNAP(FTP) (FTP) – typed verbatim as displayed.
    • Samba shares for each of 3 Vero 4K+
    • SFTP for each of 3 Vero 4K+

Results of selecting:

1. QNAP(FTP) (FTP) – only the following is diplayed: “/” and selecting it has no effect.

2. QNAP (SAMBA) – all shared folders displayed – selecting it, then clicking OK, results in going back to the screen for “Enter the paths or browse for the media location” and has filled in the ______ with the path: smb://###.###.###.###:445/shared_folder

Again, adding sources via Zeroconf, then SAMBA, works. I’m switching back to that, then, evaluate mySQL.