Short power supply lead

Just about to plug in my new Vero 4K, a little disappointed with the length of the power lead, it’s barely a metre long :(.

It’s actually not long enough to reach my socket, not a good start :(.

Sorry to hear that. This has been the standard power supply length for Vero for some time. Unfortunately we don’t have a larger one or we would happily have sent you a new PSU.

We might be able to improve this in the future. How long would an ideal cable be for you?

Probably about 2 metres would have been more than enough.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll see what we can do in the future. As you probably noticed, there’s a limited amount of space in the retail package itself!

Sam

For such cases maybe optional adapter to wall extension cable would be nice?

Not just me then - I requested a longer one in Feature Requests a while ago! There are plenty of 5V 2A+ wall wart PSUs available online, but very few of the sellers quote the cable length!

I’m using one that came with my old iomega Zip drive.

Hi Sam, could you maybe point me in the direction of a suitable longer one, or the specs of what I should/shouldn’t be using. I just don’t want to invalidate the warranty or risk breaking the Vero by using something not suitable.

Cheers,

Steven.

This one?:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B017YW2FCM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508590533&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=5v+2a&dpPl=1&dpID=412I7ggdzeL&ref=plSrch

That will do the trick.

1 Like