Sickbeard installation

Hello, I just installed OSMC for raspberry and tried to configure sickbeard, but for that I’m trying first to setup my SAMBA drive in /etc/fstab, but I couldnt because cifs-utils is missing, but I couldnt installed, I received next error:

osmc@openelec:~$ sudo apt-get install cifs-utils
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
attr base-files-osmc bsd-mailx cron exim4 exim4-base exim4-config exim4-daemon-light keyutils libaio1 libfile-copy-recursive-perl libhdb9-heimdal libkdc2-heimdal
liblockfile-bin liblockfile1 logrotate psmisc python-crypto python-dnspython python-ldb python-ntdb python-samba python-tdb samba samba-common samba-common-bin
samba-dsdb-modules samba-vfs-modules tdb-tools ucf update-inetd winbind
Suggested packages:
smbclient anacron checksecurity mail-reader eximon4 exim4-doc-html exim4-doc-info gnutls-bin openssl file spf-tools-perl swaks python-crypto-dbg python-crypto-doc bind9
bind9utils ctdb ldb-tools smbldap-tools heimdal-clients libnss-winbind libpam-winbind
Recommended packages:
mailx
The following NEW packages will be installed:
attr bsd-mailx cifs-utils cron exim4 exim4-base exim4-config exim4-daemon-light keyutils libaio1 libfile-copy-recursive-perl libhdb9-heimdal libkdc2-heimdal liblockfile-bin
liblockfile1 logrotate psmisc python-crypto python-dnspython python-ldb python-ntdb python-samba python-tdb samba samba-common samba-common-bin samba-dsdb-modules
samba-vfs-modules tdb-tools ucf update-inetd winbind
The following packages will be upgraded:
base-files-osmc
1 upgraded, 32 newly installed, 0 to remove and 23 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0 B/6743 kB of archives.
After this operation, 29.4 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
Extracting templates from packages: 100%
Preconfiguring packages …
(Reading database … 21320 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/base-files-osmc_1.0.8_all.deb …
Leaving ‘diversion of /etc/issue to /etc/issue.distributed by base-files-osmc’
Leaving ‘diversion of /etc/issue.net to /etc/issue.net.distributed by base-files-osmc’
Leaving ‘diversion of /etc/os-release to /etc/os-release.distributed by base-files-osmc’
Leaving ‘diversion of /usr/share/base-files/motd to /usr/share/base-files/motd.distributed by base-files-osmc’
Leaving ‘diversion of /etc/nsswitch.conf to /etc/nsswitch.conf.distributed by base-files-osmc’
Unpacking base-files-osmc (1.0.8) over (1.0.6) …
Removing ‘diversion of /etc/issue to /etc/issue.distributed by base-files-osmc’
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting /etc/issue' with different file /etc/issue.distributed’, not allowed
Removing ‘diversion of /etc/issue.net to /etc/issue.net.distributed by base-files-osmc’
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting /etc/issue.net' with different file /etc/issue.net.distributed’, not allowed
Removing ‘diversion of /etc/os-release to /etc/os-release.distributed by base-files-osmc’
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting /etc/os-release' with different file /etc/os-release.distributed’, not allowed
Removing ‘diversion of /usr/share/base-files/motd to /usr/share/base-files/motd.distributed by base-files-osmc’
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting /usr/share/base-files/motd' with different file /usr/share/base-files/motd.distributed’, not allowed
Removing ‘diversion of /etc/nsswitch.conf to /etc/nsswitch.conf.distributed by base-files-osmc’
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting /etc/nsswitch.conf' with different file /etc/nsswitch.conf.distributed’, not allowed
dpkg: warning: subprocess old post-removal script returned error exit status 2
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead …
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting /etc/issue' with different file /etc/issue.distributed’, not allowed
Removing ‘diversion of /etc/issue.net to /etc/issue.net.distributed by base-files-osmc’
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting /etc/issue.net' with different file /etc/issue.net.distributed’, not allowed
Removing ‘diversion of /etc/os-release to /etc/os-release.distributed by base-files-osmc’
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting /etc/os-release' with different file /etc/os-release.distributed’, not allowed
Removing ‘diversion of /usr/share/base-files/motd to /usr/share/base-files/motd.distributed by base-files-osmc’
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting /usr/share/base-files/motd' with different file /usr/share/base-files/motd.distributed’, not allowed
Removing ‘diversion of /etc/nsswitch.conf to /etc/nsswitch.conf.distributed by base-files-osmc’
dpkg-divert: error: rename involves overwriting /etc/nsswitch.conf' with different file /etc/nsswitch.conf.distributed’, not allowed
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/base-files-osmc_1.0.8_all.deb (–unpack):
subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Leaving ‘diversion of /etc/issue to /etc/issue.distributed by base-files-osmc’
Leaving ‘diversion of /etc/issue.net to /etc/issue.net.distributed by base-files-osmc’
Leaving ‘diversion of /etc/os-release to /etc/os-release.distributed by base-files-osmc’
Leaving ‘diversion of /usr/share/base-files/motd to /usr/share/base-files/motd.distributed by base-files-osmc’
Leaving ‘diversion of /etc/nsswitch.conf to /etc/nsswitch.conf.distributed by base-files-osmc’
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
subprocess new post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/base-files-osmc_1.0.8_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

any clue how to do that?

thanks

My guess is that this is already resolved in alpha 2, since it wants to install base-files-osmc, but a moderator can clarify that probably

Try the following instead:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install cifs-utils --no-install-recommends

Worked ok for me. By default installing cifs-utils installs 60 other “recommended” packages that are not actually needed. Some of those unnecessary packages are conflicting with some of the base osmc packages due to a mistake in the way the osmc packages were defined, which should be fixed in Alpha 2.

cifs-utils will be built in to Alpha 2 anyway so manually adding it won’t be necessary.

1 Like

Sickbeard will be included in our app store soon.

Cheers

Thanks guys, waiting for alpha 2 .

Cheers

@sam_nazarko Any news on Sickbeard as it wasn’t there when I last looked and I ended up adding it to feature requests???

It is on my to-do list, but I am hearing of alternatives like Sickrage and need to explore which one is the best one

Sam

I’m hearing the same. Maybe we should do a poll on it?

2 Likes

IMHO sickrage is a little better, because is updated frequently and have a better torrent support. I have it working well in OSMC.

regards

I am running sonarr on the OSMC stable release, works perfectly fine!

@were55, @cdrc

Save it for the poll :blush:

I use Sickbeard, Sonarr is probably the flashiest but Sickrage probably the best compromise! IMHO of course