Skin (and Kodi) options reset upon reboot

This has been happening since starting testing of the new beta. I know it’s been reported a dozen times, but I may have more info. I manually update addons and OSMC. It looks like when I take an OSMC update, upon the next reboot my skin and/or Kodi settings are set back to default. When there are no updates I can reboot repeatedly and there are no issues.

I suspect the problem is in the code that was put in to remove your active skin and force the OSMC skin on you.

It’s not that. No code exists to ‘force’ the OSMC skin at all. It’s just that all skins apart from Estuary (which wasn’t selectable from v16) and OSMC are disabled by default.
I’m pretty confident as to what it is and will try and address it for this Sunday. I’ll make a test post, so stay tuned.

Sam

This took longer than planned, but should be fixed now

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Thanks for the fix, but I’m away from home for a few weeks and will be unable to test the fix. If you still need it tested, I can get to it around the middle of April.

Hi Sam!

Sorry to inform you that the problem still persists on my system after making the update. I configure my Confluence skin (e.g. I configure several shortcuts of my favourite addons to be shown at the main page of Kodi) and the configuration dissapears after rebooting.

Everytime I reboot, Kodi is welcoming me for the first time…

Thanks for your efforts!

P.S: not all settings are gone after rebooting. For example: language and other settings like subtitle language are remaining. Also my favourites aren’t deleted after updating.

this keeps happening for me as well. i am on Estuary and on reboot all my skin-settings (like the list of elements that should appear on home menu) are gone.

is it an osmc or a kodi issue?

cheers
bendsch

I am not sure what this issue can be then. I don’t think it’s introduced by OSMC. Originally I thought it may have been introduced by how we handle Exit and Shutdown differently, but you say that the issue still remains with builds that don’t include that patch anymore.

I am building a new version of Kodi for RBP2/3 to test quickly, as it looks like a potential Kodi bug.

This is unfortunate as I had wanted to resolve it with today’s update.

seems to happen only on the pi, just tested with the newly recovered vero (i recovered with the exact same kodi setting from the pi) and there skin changes are saved.