Skipping 10s and pause issues since April update

Hello,
not 100% sure it is related, but I have also issues with pause/unpause on my VeroV since April update.
Video and audio would not resume, just freeze until I stop it all, or only after several tens of seconds sometimes if I am very patient…
For the moment I solved this by disabling the “unpause/jumpback addon” which generate a 10s jumpack while pausing. I have been using this addon for years on Vero4K+ and VeroV, with absolutely no issue.
Now on the OSD I can also see a buffering time when pressing pause that I never saw or notice before.

1 Like

I see the same issue on the Vero V since the update. Sometimes the unit locks up if I pause and skip back. Simply pausing usually works OK but then the back skip will bring up the dreaded “buffering” and then usually it’s toast until a power cycle.

On the plus side A/V sync issues I had with older SD shows (drifting out of sync, and became unwatchable) are completely resolved with this update.

I’ve had very similar issues with rewinding (usually after pausing for a while) since the latest update with Vero 4k+. Unfornately can’t reliably reproduce.

Is there any progress with this issue? It’s a bit of a deal breaker for me, I’m unable to skip through my TV recordings - the main use case for the Vero…

No, not yet. As I’ve written above, I’m rather busy right now. I hope I can start looking at that issue next week.

1 Like

I had some time today so I followed your walkthrough. It was straightforward, thankyou.
I can confirm that the problem was introduced in the latest update - after I rolled back to the previous version, all is back to normal - skipping backwards and forwards works as it should.

1 Like

Quick complement to my previous post.

“Unpause/Jumpback addon” still disabled, the issue can be reproduced with a simple Player/OSD sequence : skipback -10s, followed by immediate pause, and later play. Result is complete video freezing or if lucky a very slow resume.
Same if you start with Pause, then skipback -10s and later play. (this is pretty much what the addon is doing by the way).

As expected, in the log, I get plenty of lines :
… warning : ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -18560.862120 …
to the point resync is not possible as it seems.

Just to exonerate the addon at this stage :wink:

1 Like

I know, I can reproduce it on a fresh install, and I’ll start looking into it today.

2 Likes

@tanio99 has now addressed this issue and I’d like to push the fix to users promptly before releasing any Kodi v21 test builds. Before doing so, a bit of feedback would be appreciated.

To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Run the following command to add the staging repository:
    echo 'deb http://apt.osmc.tv bullseye-devel main' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list
  3. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  4. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you remove /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list after updating.

This will deactivate the staging repository. You can do so with the following command:
sudo rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/osmc-devel.list.

Please note that we will automatically disable this update channel after 14 days on your device in case you forget to do so to ensure that your system reverts to the stable update channel.

1 Like

On my Vero4k, skipping is working normally after applying the update.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming this.

I have the Vero V. I have been having the same problem since the update. So i have been trying to not pause or go back. If I know I need to pause a long time, i stop it first. then start the show from where I left off.

I have never gone to the command line and would be afraid to mess something up.
Do I wait for the next update or what should I do?
Thanks.

No need – I’ve now pushed this fix as an update as the solution has been verified.

You’ll shortly get a prompt for updates and all you need to do is accept this update.

Please let me know when you’ve received it and the issue is fixed

Cheers

Sam

I’ve been following this thread and went to add the staging repository to test today - saw the fix has already been pushed so manually checked for updates (impatient) - can confirm it seems to have resolved the issue for me.

Thanks all

3 Likes

I did get the the update and it is working . Thank you.

+1

Works here too.
You rocks, thank you!!

I can confirm that the update fixed the issue. Thank you.

1 Like

+1
Thank you all!