Slow/choppy Music when playing from library

When I play my music through the Pi the files are very broken like they are constantly buffering. The video works fine, and the audio part of my films and TV are ok so it isn’t a powersupply or CPU power issue. I can also send files from my networked drive to the OSMC device with my phone and they play fine, it is only when I try and play them through the music library that it stutters.
I currently have all of my music and TV/Films on a PC (ubuntu) which is connected via WiFi. The Pi then connects to the router with an ethernet cable and direct to a computer monitor (HDMI) and speakers. The files are hosted on a SAMBA share and I had to connect the Pi to them manually as trying to browse for the share came back as ‘error 2’. However I did exactly the same for the Film files and that appears to run perfectly.
If there are any logs that could help explain where my problem lies, then let me know and I will try and post them here.
Thanks.

Read the sticky at the head of the forum , and post the detail rrequested.
Derek

Device: Rasp Pi B
Installation media: SDcard
Connection: Wired
Power Supply Type: Micro USB adaptor
Power specs: 2.1a
Peripherals: Nil
Storage Device (incl. Network Sharing Protocol): Local networked (Wifi) Ubuntu PC with Samba share
OSMC version: (bottom of the screen in MyOSMC or cat /etc/os-release | grep VERSION_ID) OSMC July 2015 2015.07-1
XBMC version: (grep Kodi .kodi//temp/kodi.log | head -2)
Codecs: (mpeg2, vc1?) as standard installation
Audio/Video Output: Via Pi audio Jack
Overclocked: No

That is all the information I could find. As for the logs, are there any particular logs that would be helpful.

I’m no Samba expert as I use NFS, but if it was me, I would start by ruling things out for example:

1. Copy a proven problematic music file to your RPi SD card, add it to the music library and try and play it from there. This would point the finger at either your RPi set up (codec maybe) or at your network.

2. Install Kodi on another device (phone, tablet, windows/linux OS) and access the source in the same way you do with your RPi. That would test your network.

3. Create a new Samba share on your Ubuntu box, copy a music file to it and play it via the RPi as you do at the moment. That would test your individual Samba share (something may have screwed up when it was being formed)

4. Double check your file permissions.

Did you solve this problem? I have pretty much the same issue.

I never found out what was to blame. I think after a complete reinstall of Ubuntu when 16.04 was released helped but I’ve no idea what the issue was sorry