Slow loading photos

Anyone else having issue with photos loading very slowly sometimes up to 5 seconds. I click on an photo and get a black screen and then the photo appears. Sometimes the verok become unresponsive for a few seconds when this happens.

Anyway to speed this up such as adjusting a setting somewhere.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

I have a Vero 4K and just tried viewing a collection of photos on a USB thumbdrive connected directly to the 4K.

Result: no delays at all. But I did notice that the 5-second automatic “time to display each image” wasn’t working, nor was the “pan and zoom effect” working, though set to work. Neither issue is important to me and I can still manually go between images and with a virtually instantaneous response, since it appears to pre-cache the next image.

Since it’s not a general 4K problem, it could possibly be related to some characteristic of the photos being displayed. Mine were only 2-3 MB in size, for example.

Thanks for the reply. I have noticed a couple instances where my Vero 4k just freezes even with a fresh install. Hopefully I do not have a defective unit.

Will keep playing with it. The response I am getting is slower than my RPI3

This is something that you really should have mentioned before. Was the Pi3 virtually instantaneous, for example, or did it also have a noticeable delay, though less than on the 4K?

Don’t forget the log files!

What are you doing when it freezes?
Are you up to date?