Slow to play files

it feels that since the august update things have slowed down somewhat. after logging in to the master user (have a master profile and kids) its on a black screen for nearly 20 seconds before the splash screen shows. Also when playing a video file from my network share it takes 17 seconds to start playing whereas it used to be instant.
Of course this might not be an issue with the update but its the only thing changed recently.

Without logs, no meaningful diagnostics can be performed…

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Ok, debug logs uploaded, url is https://paste.osmc.tv/ qiyumukudo

logging was turned on at 10:34 rebooted twice then video played at 10:37 if that helps with looking at the logs

If you’d searched: Slow video start up - #24 by fzinken

thanks i’ll give that a try