SMB not working again?

Thanks for the explanation. I think I understand better now.

My problem with SMB unfolded in two stages. The first stage is documented here. The short story is I couldn’t access any of my shares; i.e. no episodes of any season. I “fixed” it by changing the maximum SMB to SMBv3. After doing this, I could access all my shares again.

The second stage of my problem is the one documented here; I could access almost all of my videos and I couldn’t “browse” to add sources.

Regarding the display issue, I have organized my file names to facilitate ordering the episodes by season with appropriate artwork and thumbnails. This worked very well for me until now. I used to get a thumbnail for each TV show when I navigated to “Videos” on the OSMC home screen. When I clicked on a thumbnail, I got a second-level of thumbnails corresponding to each season. Clicking on a season then provided a list of episodes for that season. I have not been able to recover this organization. I managed to create a “favorite” for each TV show. When I click on the TV show, I get a list of all seasons and episodes; i.e. the display does not sort into seasons. That’s a relatively minor problem, and I’ll keep working on that. I haven’t changed the directory structure or file names on the server.

Thanks again for your help.