SMB on mnt folder not accessible

Hi, I have OSMC and installed SMB server from app store. I have a hard drive with 3 partitions connected via USB on my rPi3, and I use fstab on 1 partition on /mnt/hdd.

All other partitions on my hard drive is viewable on SMB client (OSX) but partition that mounted on /mnt/hdd is not viewable.

Many topics that I found here is about mounting SMB shares

Can somebody point me what did I do wrong? Thanks in advance

Hi,

Posting your fstab entry may help and logs:

Also have you seen this guide by bmillham

Thanks Tom.

I am sharing from USB HDD attached on rPi to OSX, so bmillham’s guide does not seem to be applicable to me.

here is my fstab entry

/dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot vfat defaults,noatime,noauto,x-systemd.automount $
#(there is a space here that change the formatting)rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remou$
#/dev/mmcblk0p2 / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 0
UUID=6AFA7199FA7161ED /mnt/hdd ntfs rw,nosuid,nodef,default_permissions 0 0

AFAIK only auto mounted partitions are shared with the default config. If you also have manual mounted folders you need to create additional entries in smb.conf for them

Better to use smb-local.conf or smb-shares.conf as described in the comments in smb.conf.

this answers my question. Thank you @fzinken

@grahamh What should I write on smb-shares.conf? is it a copy of smb.conf with additional entry, or just write the additional entry?

is this the additional entry that I have to write? Thank you in advance

[automount template]
browseable = yes
-valid = no
valid users = osmc
path = /mnt/hdd
hide files = /$RECYCLE.BIN/System Volume Information/desktop.ini/thumbs.db/

Nope that would not work.
First between the you would put your own name like [external HDD]

Secondly suggest you copy the example under [osmc]

1 Like

All now worked as expected. Thank you for your assistance. Somebody can close this thread.