Smb share fails to automount

I have two separate RPis in the house, both running OSMC, on an identical setup. Both have the following problem:

All my music, videos, photos, etc. are on a network hard drive. I mount it via fstab. However, every time I reboot, the share fails to automount. Instead, I have to ssh to command line and mount manually (sudo mount -a).

I copied the relevant fstab line from my Ubuntu desktop, which has no such problems. Also, it used to work when my Pi was still running RaspBMC.

Here’s the fstab line:

//192.168.1.77/Public /mnt/WD cifs password=,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm,rw,uid=1000,gid=1000 0 0

Finally, and both with the same problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Add the following mount options:

noauto,x-systemd.automount

The first prevents the early boot process trying to mount the network drive too early, the second creates an on-the-fly systemd automount unit, this is systemd’s equivalent of autofs. The share will be mounted on “first access”, and will not delay the boot process waiting for the server or for the share to mount. Only a program that actually tries to access the not-yet mounted filesystem will be delayed while the share is mounted.

http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.mount.html

Fabulous—thank you! Works a treat.