[Solve] Indexer with strange caracter

After last update to 18. 1, description have strange caracter with “☒” and thai letters for movies descriptions.

I try to update again my library but still having issue.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

  • enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

  • reboot the OSMC device

  • reproduce the issue

  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

  • a screenshot shown in your post would also help to better understand your situation

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Thanks for your answer but after enabling logging and restart OSMC, command Grabs-logs -A show nothing on ssh prompt.

Grab-logs -A should give you a message ‘command not found’
grab-logs -A (lower-case g) should give you a URL or some other message.

1 Like

Sorry I wrote g and not G, it’s my t9. But nothing happen.

How did you install OSMC? Try rebooting twice before issuing the command.

Osmc running on a Vero 4K+.
Issue happen just after last update.

I’ve try rebooting 3 or 4 times again.

Just to be sure: “Enable component-specific logging” should be disabled at the moment.

I’ll try this tonight. I’m at work now, and only have access by ssh.

If you have ssh access could try:
paste-log .kodi/temp/kodi.log
dmesg | paste-log

I’ve :
osmc@osmc:~$ paste-log .kodi/temp/kodi.log

I’m waiting but nothing prompt.

Try the other one

Here we go :slight_smile: . OSMC Log

What made it work?

When I update movie information many of them are found with thai caracter. So my movie description aren’t in french but in thai.

I see tons of entries like

2019-05-02 14:12:08.734 T:3505500896   DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>https://api.tmdb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=f090bb54758cabf231fb605d3e3e0468&amp;query=CITE%20DES%20HOMMES%20S01-1-La%20couronne%20de%20l%27empereur&amp;year=&amp;language=he</url>



would mean that you defined the language of movie content as “Hebrew”.
I suggest to look at this at first and rescan the library.

So, go to Videos->Files-> … to the location(s) where the movies reside, press the content button on the remote control (3 bars), choose “change content” or so and under the settings item you’ll find the menu to set the right language.

I recreate my library and select french in language but still with those caracter.

Update : I change skin to osmc, change content settings, update library and now movie descriptions are in french. So strange.
But thanks for your help.
edit content has solve the issue.