[Solved] How to configure a different remote?

On my PI running raspbmc I spent quite some time to get a really good integration of my Logitech harmony remote control.

This resulted in a lircd.conf, lircmap.xml and remote.xml containing the HEX codes and the keymappings.

I now put
lircd.conf into /home/osmc
Lircmap.xml into /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata
remote.xml into /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/keymaps

To get it to work I need a similar function as in raspbmc settings where I was able to configure the system to recognize my lircd.conf in the /home/pi folder.

With other words what do I need to change to get my remote configuration to be used?

If you check for and install updates you should get an updated version of the OSMC settings addon which contains a remote selection module - you can use this to browse to a custom lircd.conf.

However the default symlink for lircd.conf already points at /home/osmc/lircd.conf so it should already be working. Have you tried it yet ?

No, the default symlink for lircd.conf pointed to /etc/lircd/osmc-remote.conf which makes sense to me.

But your comment solved my problem. I changed the symlink to my lircd.conf file and it instantly worked.

best regards
Chris