[Solved] Need hep with OSMC + Ras Pi

Hi,

I am Aung Win Htut.

First, I am declaring i am noob user of R pi. Dont angry with me :blush:

I just installed OSMC in my R Pi. As first step. I just want to open an Video file in OSMC.

I put thumb drive in Pi .I can’t find my memory stick.

I want to do Media Server in my office using OSMC. But first, I just wan to open a Media File.

Please help !

Regards

Hi Aung,

well there are a couple of topics that might lead to that.
When you plugin the memory stick are you getting in the upper part of the screen the message “Removeable Harddisk mounted” followed with the name of the disk in the second line? If that is happening that first step ok. If that is not happening than you would need to check the format of your memory stick and if it is generally working. For troubleshooting it would be best to have SSH access to the OSMC and or you should at least know how to create the logfile and upload it to pastebin.
If it is mounted than you generally should have a new entry in the respective Video section with the name of your disk. Also ensure to choose “Unmount Cleanly” from that part.

Cheers

Fred

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. When I put the drive, it says nothing, nothing appears.

I don’t know how to do SSH Access to the OSMC. Can you please help.

Thanks

Hi Aung,

first go to “My OSMC” and find out your IP address (under Network) and check if SSH is running (under Service).
With that information from your PC/MAC/… use a SSH client (e.g. putty) to access the osmc.
ssh osmc@ with password osmc.

Cheers

Fred

Thanks,

Solved.

Now i can see movies via R Pi with OSMC

Cheers

Aung

Please add [SOLVED] to title and maybe you can tell how you solved it to help others