[SOLVED] OSMC skin in LibreElec?

So, I’ve switched from Raspi 3 to Odroid C2 and thus to Libreelec since it doesn’t appear to be supported by OSMC anytime soon. Is there any way to get the OSMC skin over to LibreElec and Kodi 17.3? I really like the look of that skin.

It’s just a skin, so you can grab the ZIP.

But there’s no repository, so you’ll have to update it manually as we continue to improve it.

Right, so I’ve downloaded skin.osmc-master.zip from Github, unzipped it and copied it over to /storage/.kodi/addons/skins.osmc. But after a reboot it still does not show up under settings > interface settings > skin. And when I click on ‘Get more…’ I only see the usual skins from the official repository. Any idea why that is?

I think that you need to enable it under Addons first

Sam

Ok, so I went to

Add-Ons > My Add-Ons > Look and feel > Skin > OSMC

and enabled it, but when I clicked on ‘Use’ nothing happened. So I went back to

Settings > Interface > Skin

and selected it there, but still nothing happened. So I SSHed in, deleted this skin (which is ~ 24 MB) and copied over the OSMC skin from my Raspi 3 SD-Card (which is ~15 MB!) and after a reboot I could select it and it worked.

I thought it weird so I deleted the Raspi skin and copied over the one from the Github zip again. After a reboot I got this:

The following add-ons are incompatible with this version of Kodi and have been automatically disabled: OSMC

I don’t know what’s causing this but since I can use my Rasberry version of the OSMC skin, it’s fine now. Thanks for the hints.