[Solved] Problems with Update of Video Library

I used a database editor to take a look at the video database and tray and clean up these problems:

2022-01-03 00:00:04.271 T:419 ERROR : GetDirectory - Error getting /mnt/helium/audio/DVD Videos/The Complete Truth About De-Evolution (2003) - Devo/VIDEO_TS/
2022-01-03 00:00:04.634 T:419 ERROR : GetDirectory - Error getting /mnt/helium/audio/TV Shows/ Agatha Christie’s Poirot (1989)/
2022-01-03 00:00:06.235 T:419 ERROR : GetDirectory - Error getting /mnt/helium/audio/TV Shows/DWTV/

I could not find any mention of the DVD or TV Shows in either of the movies or TV show tables. Where would they be mentioned if not in the database? What is generating the error if there are no entries in the database?

Did you check the path table?

Found the entries in the path table. Thank you.
Now is it safe to just delete the rows in question, or do other tables connect to the path table entries?

It should be safe to delete the rows in the path table if the directory does not exist anymore. I’ve done this myself and have had no issues.

1 Like

All done - Thank you

And your errors when scanning are gone? If so good news. I personally call this a bug with Kodi. When cleaning the database it should remove paths that are no longer valid. But Kodis database handling has always been flakey and really could use some TLC.

Yes all those errors are gone. I will agree that database handling is a bit squiffy in Kodi. I have had to install “Video Database Cleaner” to clean up some other issues. But this one is all solved.

1 Like