[solved] Setting up live TV

Hello everyone

I have set up a vero 4k and I’m quite happy with the video streaming from my PC and NAS.
However I c’ant seem de find any way to actually set it up for live TV.

Here is what i have done so far:

• I have bought this TV dongle: DVB-T2/DVB-C TV dongle - OSMC
  • I live in France, and my apartment has a TV coaxial cable available, which I have plugged into the TV dongle
  • I have activated the TVHeadend server from the app store

What I have tried:
In the Live TV menu, scanning for TV channels goes nowhere

Do I need to install something else? Is my dongle broken?

Thank you

You need to do the scanning via TvHeadend, rather than the Live TV section.

Thanks for the reply.

What I tried was to activate the “TvHeadend Client” from the addons-section and configure it with the credential provided in the TvHeadend server page. I get a popup on boot saying the TvHeadend is connected.

If this is the proper way to set thing up, I think it should be added to the wiki (and if this is not, I guess I messed it up again).

Anyhow, when a go to the TV/Recording menu i get a page that is empty with no loading screen. And wen pressing the left button on the remote I get a sad face then a tty1 prompt.

Do you mean this wiki?

1 Like

I was looking for it here, I hadn’t noticed there was a wiki section in the forum in addition to the How-to.

I’ll give it a look, thanks a lot!

Of course, it all depends on what the other end of the Coax cable is connected to…if anything.
If your building has a rooftop antenna system (MATV) for off-air channels, and the coax is connected to that distribution system, you should get some channels.
However, if the coax cable is for a cable TV system, first it would have to be connected to that system on the other end, and second those channels may be digital and/or encrypted.
Here in North America, almost all cableTV systems are completely digital and encrypted and IPTV. You cannot get any channels without a set-top-box (STB) from the cable company.

Well, it works. I do get some lag in some video though but overall it works. I do feel like the wiki/forum page should be mentioned in the FAQ or the main wiki though.