Solved: Transport buttons on TV Remote not working (play, pause, stop buttons)

Device: Rasp Pi B
Installation media: SDcard 8GB Class 10
Connection: Wired
Power Supply Type: EU Wallplug from pihut.com
Power specs: 5V 2A
Peripherals: none
Storage Device (incl. Network Sharing Protocol): NFS, SMB
OSMC version: VERSION_ID=“2015.08-1”
XBMC version:Kodi (15.1). Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit
Codecs: mpeg2, vc1
Audio/Video Output: HDMI
Overclocked: High
Config.txt Extras: none

Hello,

The ‘transport buttons’ on my TV Remote are not working (play, pause, stop buttons) with OSMC. I used to run Raspbmc on the same RPi but recently installed OSMC. With Raspbmc the transport buttons worked fine. I have another RPI connected to the same TV with another dristro and the transport buttons work fine.

Most buttons do work. But not the transport buttons like play pause stop etc.

The TV they are connected to is a Panasonic Viera.
I tried switching to a non-cec anabled HDMI port and back.

I checked that I have hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 in config.txt. I tried shutting the TV off and remove all cables for an hour.
I replugged the HDMI cable on both sides. I even tried only connecting this RPi as the sole HDMI device.

When I select ‘player’ from Viera Link, it switches to the RPi running OSMC, so it is recognised as a player.
The RPi is updated and has rebooted multiple times.

Any ideas?

Note sure if it was a plugin you can install under Kodi or it is under My OSMC, somewhere is a remote control config/settings option where you can assign buttons (if transmitted)

This doesn’t work for cec remotes. No add-on can change the mapping of cec buttons that aren’t used by your TV. Instead try unplugging the TV from its power source for a moment and try again.

:confused:
As I stated in the OP I left the tv unplugged (for 5 minutes). After fiddling with cec-client in the CLI I tried unplugging my TV again (btw, this time like 30 seconds) and suddenly the transport buttons (play, pause, etc) magically worked…

So for everyone having trouble with this, please try a few combinations of setting the RPI as a ‘player’ and cold starting (by pulling the plug) of both the TV and the RPI etc.