[SOLVED] Usbtv driver fails to load since latest update

Since the last update the usbtv driver for the Fushicai USBTV007 grabber fails to load:

# modprobe usbtv
modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'usbtv': Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)

[219016.325902] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol put_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[219016.325924] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol get_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[219016.325939] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_destroy (err 0)
[219016.325954] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_create (err 0)

Can you please investigate?

I saw this issue with some modules, but couldn’t work out a solution to this problem.

However in my testing I could not find a used module affected by this so didn’t investigate further.

This could be very difficult to fix, but I will look in to this on Thursday.

Sam

Thanks Sam,

it’s a bit annoying as my Hyperion depends on the grabber. Since the issues with the AML-grabber which causes problems with audio-video sync I’ve switched to the V4L-grabber to solve this. No ambilights until this is fixed :frowning:

N.

Hi Sam,

any progress on this? I found some similar issues while googling but didn’t find a solution.

N.

I need to revisit this again now media_build improvement dust has settled.

Sam

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed with the following commit:

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Thanks for your patience!

Sam

1 Like

Great work Sam!!! It’s working as before. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Great. Thanks for testing this for me and sorry for the delays in resolving this.

No problems. Vacation, pesky bug… but it’s fixed!

Took a little bit of time to work out the GUP flags and kvmalloc calls.

Glad it’s all working now.

Once you’re used to Ambilight it’s a step back without it. So really happy it’s working again.