[SOLVED] Vero 4k+ wont turn on after first setup - TV dosen't detect it

I received my vero 4k + last week but Because I was waiting for a 8- Outlet splitter for behind of my TV I was able to set it up only now. I Followed the manual but the screen of my TV stays black. I tried two different HDMI cables the one that comes with the device and one of mine.

The only thing that comes to mind is that the power supply that came with the device is defect. Since the vero 4k + comes with the blue light disabled I cant even tell if its working or not.

I also bought The USB hub from the OSMC store and I’m 99.999% that I didn’t swap the power supply by accident and the usb hub is getting power… can I try the usb hub power supply on the vero 4k + ?

I also own a non + version of the vero 4k but I’m not using it in my house so I can’t try its power supply

You should see a red light for 2-3 secs as the device boots.

Sam

Can confirm there is no red light

Sounds like the PSU then.
If you let me know your order # we can get a new one out for you.

Order #19579

Is there anything I can do to be sure ? If I can get the power supply of my ( old) working vero 4k can I test it with the 4k + ? Or are the power supplis different ?

It’s suitable for testing

1 Like

Will try to get it than and test with it

Thanks – keep us posted.

1 Like

Are the power supplies different? I just swapped my 4K for the 4K+ without changing the power supplies…

No – they’re the same.

2 Likes

Ok great, thanks.

Just brought home the other PSU that is confirmed working but no luck, no red fleshing light or anything from my new vero 4k +

This doesn’t make much sense to me my other vero 4k from last year was working on this same TV just last year without issues

UPDATE: Issue has been fixed I guess the vero didn’t like that the osmc usb hub was plugged into it on first boot now its working.

That doesn’t make sense to me either. Your device would’ve been booted and stress tested for 72 hours before shipping.

The device is also on when OSMC is flashed to the device.

Can you try with another display and make sure the HDMI is pushed in firmly? This recently tripped up a customer.

Cheers
Sam

UPDATE: Issue has been fixed I guess the vero didn’t like that the empty osmc usb hub was plugged into it on first boot now its working.