[SOLVED] What causes these messages?

Every night at midnight I get these messages:

2022-01-06 00:00:08.956 T:5017    ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/osmc/.kodi/media/Fonts/
2022-01-06 00:00:08.956 T:5017    ERROR <general>: GetDirectory - Error getting special://home/media/Fonts/

What is causing them?

My guess is that this may be caused by My OSMC checking for updates at midnight.

It’s hard to tell without full logs.

Are your experiencing any actual issues?

Sam

Sam, I am not getting any issues. Is there a way to run the check for updates manually to see if the messages appear, then I could switch on logging. I don’t want to be mucking around with logging etc. at midnight.

I’m confused – if you’re not getting any issues, why are you checking logs?

Yes – you can check for updates manually via My OSMC → Updates.

This is just me hazarding a guess – I’m not saying that this indeed the cause of your error messages. But hard to say without full logs.

I was checking the logs because I run the automatic library updater and by looking at the logs I often find errors messages that help me to update the tags on my music library.
The font errors are not related to that addon because when I disable it I still get them.

I have just run the updates manually and the messages did not appear.
Guess it is going to be just one of those mysteries.

Should the Font directory exist?

I have done some digging and I have an addon that runs a backup scheduled
for midnight. I changed the time to 15:00 and sat and waited. The messages about the Font directory appeared at 15:00. So now I know what is causing them. I assume that the backup is actually attempting to backup the special://home/media/Fonts which is mapped to /home/osmc/.kodi/media/Fonts and can’t find it because it doesn’t exist.

This isn’t really an error – so I’m still confused as to what we are trying to solve here…

When you see

ERROR <general>: 

in a message you expect it to be an error.
Having found the source of the message I believe that we can call this resolved.