Some questions about Vero4k+ (videos out of sync, stuttering)

Hi everybody,

Previous weekend I received my Vero4k+ to replace my old WD Live TV. OSMC and Kodi are new to me so after a while I finally had it set up and was able to access both the external drive and Vero4k+ through the network and I can add and remove media, thanks to some helpful threads on this forum. Have been using the device for some time this week and all without trouble until yesterday.

My questions / issues remaining which I haven’t been able to find an answer for, are the following:

1: Is it correct that when the Vero4k+ is in operation, the front led shows no color?
2. When I shut down the Vero4k+, how do I turn it back on without having to remove the powersupply and plug it back in?
3. The device is sometimes getting quite hot, up to 68C. Is this normal?
4. Some videos appear to play too slow. The sound plays like it should but the video is lagging behind a lot. The exact same files play perfectly with VLC Player on my computer and both videos are located on the external HDD connected to the Vero4k+. I noticed that these specific videos sometimes stutter a bit during playback, but again only the video, not the audio. Both files are 1080i and 1080p so nothing exotic there as far as I can see. Any idea what’s causing this and how I can fix this?
5. Since today the Vero4k+ is also stuttering in some videos, every x minutes a small hick-up. Any ideas? Menu seems slower too.

Thanks in advance.

You can’t. It is intended to be left running.

Yes

You would need to post some logs with debug turned on during playback for anyone to try to get to the bottom of that. See [here]

An obvious question there is, how are you powering the drive? Does it have its own mains plug, or does it draw power from the USB socket? And, if it draws power from USB, is it connected directly to the Vero 4K+, or are you using a powered USB hub?

Thanks for your replies. In the meantime I found the suspend option which is sort of a standy function. In suspend mode it’s still accessible through the network and a simple click on the Home-button of the remote wakes up the device, which is nice.

I will have a look into the debugging tomorrow and come back to you.

Good question. The drive is powered by it’s own mains plug and is connected to Vero4k+ through USB. So it’s not drawing power from the Vero4k+.

That won’t be a problem, then. (Just checking!)

1. Yes.
  2. Go to Power → Suspend instead of Power → Shut Down and you can turn it on by pressing any button.
  3. Yes – the device can run up to 120C where we then engage in a thermal shutdown.
    4/5: we need to see some logs.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Cheers

Sam