Some video add-ons not working

Some add-ons work, others do not. For example, Ted Talks fails.

The log message is: warning: mpd_setminalloc: ignoring request to set MPD_MINALLOC a second time.

I used OSCM on a number of Pi platforms and Vero 4K (which recently bricked). So I recently installed it on a PI4 and cannot seem to get some add-ons to work.

Any ideas?

• Jim

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

Unfortunately, there’s a change in Kodi V20 that changes a lot of the python stuff. I’m not a coder, just a hack so don’t make me get more specific. It broke a lot of add-ons. One perfect example is Kodi’s (aka official) Speed Tester add-on. The version in the official repo is incompatible (broke!) with Kodi 20. Unless you’re willing to manually fix each add-on yourself you’ll have to wait for the originator to do it. But also, make sure yours are all up to date. I’m sure you know that when you allow add-ons from other sources, they won’t normally update automatically.

Best,

T