Sound disappear on Vero 4K

I have a Vero 4k bought in mid-August 2018. Approx. every 4 weeks the sound disappears. If you turn up the volume completely, you can faintly hear it. After reinstallation, the sound works again until it disappears again a month later. Reboot does not help. From the time I did the reinstallation I do not change anything in settings.

I can not remember exactly how long the problem has been there, but more than a year so it has existed over many Kodi releases. Vero 4K is connected to HDMI to an LG C8 TV.

Any good ideas for what the problem might be?

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

If I was to guess I would say that somehow Kodi’s internal volume is getting turned down. If your using CEC and a AVR/soundbar the volume adjustment only sends CEC commands so adjustment of internal volume is a bit trickier if it gets turned down. If it happens again I would suggest looking at the web interface or a Kodi remote on a phone app and see if it is showing the volume turned down there and turn it up.

Since you said every 4 weeks - so basically once a month. Could it be a tv firmware update? Have you tried unplugging the hdmi cable from the tv and plugging it back in when you lose sound?

Thanx! 5 days after reinstall the sound disappeared again. I Downloaded a Kodi remote app and checked the internal sound volume and it was turned down.

I do not know why this happens, but I can live with the solution that I have to turn up the internal sound with the Kodi app from time to time.

once again many thanks for the help

1 Like