Sound does not work on live TV after update. TV and videos freeze

I suggested that to someone and the problem was still there; suggesting the issue
is in the DVBLink add-on rather than related to hardware acceleration.

Sam

OK, I have some findings!
Hardware accelaration h264 always enabled(default)
PVR & LiveTV playback Fallback framerate 50(same as Kodi refresh rate), if Fallback framerate is disabled i get still image on most channels(with hw acceleration enabled).
Screen refresh rate changing is enabled on start / stop
If TV Show is 50fps(problably 25 hw deinterlaced) it plays fine, if 59,94(again hw acceleration deint. is probably 2x fps) there is no sound, picture is choppy and every few seconds i get buffering.
When i either disable HW acceleration or set it HD and up, all channels work.
Picture quality(due SW deint.) is not as good as with HW accelerated deint.
Also strange thing is recording works both ways, SW and HW.
Hope there is more information from what to get the solution and make OSMC and Vero 4K better.

hi @Sam!

I tried to disable hardware acceleration and without that non HD channels are ok. (on hd channels sound is ok but video is lagging).

Could you please look into this? Same pvr addon that others are using as well (dvblogic).

Hi @a1840317

Iā€™d be more than obliged to look in to this issue, but I would need access to these streams first before I would be able to find out what the problem is.

Can you confirm whether recordings are working properly and whether itā€™s just Live TV thatā€™s affected?

Iā€™m not sure how I can get access to these streams. Iā€™ve reached out to @teetniin about this and understand that he may be able to provide access at a later date.

Sam

I ordered static ip and open port connection, but my asus router refuses to use custom APN. As soon as i get solution form asus i will forward access to my DVBlink server.
Sam i mailed my DVBlink access to you.

hi Sam!

I can give you access to the stream, drop me a PM and i will share access with you.

Hi

Thatā€™s great. I am travelling from Sunday to Friday but will catch up with it after
then. Please send me a PM with the necessary details.

Sam

Hi all,

Found this thread when I searched for my own issue. Just for your information I am using NextPVR (and not DVBLogic) as a PVR server and I also have the same issue as you describe since the last update. The issue is only on my Vero4K, all other systems works great RPi 2,3, Vero etc.

So issues: No sound, freezing video like lagging etc.

Edit: Turning off hw acceleration fixes the issue.

BR

Being worked on and we anticipate a fix shortly

Sam

1 Like

Any news in this thread? Got my Vero today, but not working with Dvblink.

I have something you could test yes.
Send me a PM and Iā€™ll send you a test build.

The improvements are not fully complete but we have made a lot of progress

Hi I have the same problems with my new vero 4k and dvblink. On most channesl I donā€™t have any sound and the picture is choppy - on few channesl picture and sound is ok. Is there a solution in the meanwhile?

Hi ā€” is your device up to date? This should now be fixed. Make sure transcoding is disabled

Sam

I have updated to the latest version (as of yesterday) and the DVBlink problem remains. Hardware acceleration setting doesnā€™t matter and recordings are not affected.

Are these for HD or SD channels?

Sam

I donā€™t have any SD channels loaded so I canā€™t say for sure but if itā€™s the same problem as reported by others it might be affecting HD only.

FWIW I loaded OSMC onto an RPi3 and the DVBlink plugin performs flawlessly.

We had an issue a little while ago, but this was fixed with a small change in initramfs. When this issue was present, I could reproduce the problem with both recordings and Live TV.

Can you:

• Post a debug log when this happens again
  • Double check recordings are definitely not affected

Are you also able to provide access (PM) to your DVBLink server? This would be necessary if recordings arenā€™t producing problems as Iā€™d ideally need to reproduce it firsthand.

Sam

Canā€™t post logs now as the Vero is currently replaced by the Pi. Playback of recordings and other stored material is unaffected. Iā€™m positive.
Check your PMs