Sporadic click sounds on side channels when playing back 5.1 LPCM

Hi,

when I playback 5.1 LPCM audio via HDMI on my Yamaha RX-V781 I sometimes notice click / crackle sounds on the side channels. The issue is not present when playing back DTS (HD Master) or Dolby (True HD) encoded audio (I have enabled pass through for any of these formats). Did anyone else experience this issue?

We’re aware of the issue and currently also working on fixing the remaining bugs with LPCM playback. We’ll keep you posted.

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed:

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we potentially release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv stretch-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

Hi,

after updating my system according to your instructions it seems that the issue is gone!
However, after the first reboot from the remote console (Putty) per your instructions, there was no sound at all - I had to reboot again from the GUI then it was working. But the Remote Control (the RF one) is no more working. Not sure if it is an issue of this alpha release or just the battery drained since I was using it for the last time approx. 2 weeks ago. The IR remote is working fine though. Are you aware of this issue?

Will the fix make it into the next official release? If yes, will my system update to the next official release as usual given that I am on a alpha release now?

If you don’t mind, can you sketch what the issue was causing the crackling?

Thanks!

Try unplugging the receiver dongle and plugging in again.

Some sort of buffer timing issue.

Unplugging the dongle did not help. Maybe an issue of this particular intermediate release?

Do you see a blue light on the remote?

Sam

Hi guys, I did another dist-upgrade from stretch-devel main, it updated some packages. RF remote is working again now. However, again I noticed that there is no sound output at all after 1st reboot from console. Had to reboot from GUI again in order to bring it back.

Do you have keep alive activated under settings/system/audio?

The discussed issues here should be resolved with yesterday’s April update.

1 Like

yeah, seems so! Thanks!