SSH problems when trying to connect from iOS Apps

No new versions, also tried with “Command Pi” App :slight_smile:

Ok, let me know when you have two non working Vero’s

Yep, now i got two non working ones :slight_smile:

Ok try the following:
sudo nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config
Put a # in front of the line that starts KexAlgorithms and also the one starting Ciphers
Ctrl-X and Y
Then
sudo systemctl restart sshd

And try again

The config file is empty on both devices ?

Sorry was missing the folder, correct see above

there is no sshd_config only ssh_config

hmm i can find it with Winscp :slight_smile:

Don’t use winscp as you need root rights.
Use putty to ssh in and then run sudo nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config

same error :

Oct 19 17:12:02 osmc-bedroom sshd[3671]: fatal: no matching mac found: client hmac-sha1,hmac-sha1-96,hmac-md5,hmac-md5-96,hmac-ripemd160,hmac-ripemd160@openssh.com server hmac-sha2-512-etm@openssh.com,hmac-sha2-256-etm@openssh.com,umac-128-etm@openssh.com,hmac-sha2-512,hmac-sha2-256,umac-128@openssh.com [preauth]

Did you restart sshd?

Yes, there were a third line, it’s working now :slight_smile: but what does this mean, is my system less secure now ?

#KexAlgorithms curve25519-sha256@libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256
#Ciphers chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com,aes256-gcm@openssh.com,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes128-ctr
#MACs hmac-sha2-512-etm@openssh.com,hmac-sha2-256-etm@openssh.com,umac-128-etm@openssh.com,hmac-sha2-512,hmac-sha2-256,umac-128@openssh.com

Yes, it is less secure but unless you have your SSH open to the internet it is not a major issue.
But as mentioned at the beginning suggest to figure out why you have a device freezing.
Or are you saying Kodi is freezing. Then you could use Kore to just restart Kodi.

Thanks a lot, you have been really helpful :slight_smile:
Is Kore an app ? seems like it’s android only - yes it’s kodi that are freezing, usually happens when a media file is not supported

thanks, will try that next time it freezes