Store not working

First of all: HELLO WORLD!.. to everybody!

This is my first post - I am quite newbie with linux and I am very surprised of how much is easy to set-up OSMC on a RASP B+.
Nevertheless I have a problem. I am trying to install the samba server on my OSMC but I am not able neither form ssh

"Package smbfs is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
cifs-utils"

nor via Store in MyOSMC because… the Store doesn’t open!!! When I click on the icon nothing happens!!!

Any suggestion on how I can solve this curious issue?

Thank you in advance!
D.

Hi,

Did you install via Noobs or using our own installer ? If via noobs I believe there is a bug which prevents the app store loading, although it can be fixed quite easily.

For installing via ssh you are trying to install the wrong thing - smbfs is an obsolete package, and also a client not a server. The correct package is samba, however I highly suggest that you install our samba meta-package which will also configure samba for you.

sudo apt-get install smb-app-osmc

This is the same package that the App store installs.

Hi, thank you for your answer.

Yes, I have installed osmc using noobs. How can I do to fix the store issue?

Using Samba the installation was fine. Now I’m going to install the specific osmc packet.

Thank you again.

No need to individually install samba, installing smb-app-osmc was enough.

To fix the store issue you need to edit cmdline.txt:

sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt

Find where it says osmcdev=rbp and change it to osmcdev=rbp1 or osmcdev=rbp2 depending on whether you have a Pi 1 or Pi 2, then save and reboot, you should now be able to access the app store.

If this was the cause of the problem for you then you must have an outdated Noobs installer, as it is fixed in the current download.

Great! It works!
I have installed both the “Osmc” samba and fixed the store issue.

Thank you so much.

Ciao