Stuck - Loading media information from files

OK, so finally got my Vero V going and has been working great the last couple of weeks … yeah me.
Now a new problem, I have a message top right corner “Loading media information from files 0%” and it does not move from there. It spins and spins and never advances past 0%

url is: https://paste.osmc.tv/kuzufazabi

Any help appreciated.

Al

That might be some kind of visual glitch as the log show the library update starting, running, and then finishing. Perhaps it has to do with having multiple sources pointing to the same paths…

<source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/media/usb/Movies/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV Shows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/media/usb/TV Shows/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Movies (2)</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/media/usb/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV Shows (2)</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/media/usb/TV Shows/</path>
        </source>

It might be worth a try remove the duplicates and see if that makes a difference.

On a separate note, if you rename…

/media/usb/Movies/Phil Collins - Finally... The First Farewell Tour [2 Disc Set] (NTSC)/Finally the First Fawell Tour

to something like…

/media/usb/Movies/Phil Collins - Finally... The First Farewell Tour [2 Disc Set] (NTSC)/Phil Collins Finally... The first farewell tour (2004)

That title should scrape in.

Thanks for the heads up on the multiple paths, not sure why that popped up, was working perfect a day or 2 ago.
I did a restore from a auto backup from 4 days ago and that sorted the issue. The Phil Collins one always paused when scraping even on the 4k, would hit 66% and stay for a second or 2 but never ground the system to a halt. I have now renamed it so will see what happens from there,
Which xml file contains the info you pasted showing the duplicates, would be easy to check if it happens again.
As always, you guys rock. Thanks for the quick response!

Al

~/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml which is where Kodi stores the paths to your library sources.

As for the Phil Collins note that it was trying to figure out a match from the folder name just before the media so it was not looking at the folder named “Phil Collins - Finally… The First Farewell Tour [2 Disc Set] (NTSC)”, but only the folder under that titled “Finally the First Fawell Tour”. There is both a spelling mistake in that name, and it isn’t a full title to the film. The release year isn’t required, but it can often help with matching titles and as such is good practice to use.

Good stuff, thanks again.

Al

1 Like