Stuttering and weird slo mo on mainly older films

That is not a full debug log.

Another thing I noticed is that you have “Update Library On Start” enabled. I doubt that’s a problem, but try turning that off.

About debug logs:

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

ok - well I enabled debug logging, rebooted and then uploaded the log - so I assume I missed out the reproduction of the issue. I will try again.

Please reboot before doing so.

Sam

It looks like you turned on debugging after the problem happens. It needs to be turned on while playing the problem video.

Turn on debugging, reproduce the problem and then post the logs.

OK - so i repeated everything and tried playing goonies, then uploaded the log:
https://paste.osmc.tv/oduloyajab
Interesting, with the debug running I could see that the FPS was flicking between 23.4fps and 24.4fps constantly. Does that help you guys at all?

The FPS is the GUI refresh rate, not video.

Looks like buffering from the log.

Sam

Any reason why you have hardware acceleration turned off?

Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec: false

not that I know of - where do I change this?

Wouldn’t that affect all files though? many of the films run fine every time, and some (like goonies) are consistently having issues.

Settings -> Player -> Videos -> Allow hardware acceleration - amcodec

Turn that on and try again.

1 Like

Found it - changed it - that’s fixed it!!! NICE SPOT!!
Thank you all for the help!
so the issue was hardware acceleration - I have no idea why or how I had turned it off.

1 Like

Great. I don’t know why I missed that setting before…

Same…

No. GUI layer has nothing to do with video playback.

I had a feeling it would be a checked or unchecked box that I had accidentally turned on or off.
Great system for help here - really appreciate all the support.
Thanks again.

As a support guy myself, it’s been a pleasure catching up to this thread!
Reading it as if NASA tried to rescue a lost Astronaut…man, the dedication…great work guys! Love this community.

2 Likes

It’s because Goonies never say die!

3 Likes

I think I was less of a lost astronaut and more of a wondering Cub Scout!

All good though, and yes - great support in this community.