Stuttering / frame rate with older content

What setting(s) should I apply?

Seems to be specifically for older DVD-based technology, I.e. VIDEO_TS folders rather than MP4 encoded stuff (or mkv, etc)

Hi,

What platform is this on?

Some logs showing the issue would help.

Thanks Tom.

Indeed – it would be good to know what hardware you are using

Apologies guys - just created & uploaded the log files.

http://paste.osmc.tv/qalowegagu.vhdl

The video being watched when I created this thread occurs Mar 7th at 19:26 onwards. This film’s audio was getting significantly out of sync, with a few stop then restarts of the playback.

This morning, Mar 9th, for the purposes of log details, I played another video file that the picture stutters on, though the audio seems to play. I am assuming the playback is configured to sync the video against the audio in this case.

Was this when playing: Frozen 2?
Can you enable debug logging and upload logs?

Sam

No, any h.264 encoded film seems to play fine.

Watching Knight Moves on Saturday night. This morning’s test was House of Cards S01E01.

I can redo the log files with debugging.

Please re-upload with debugging

Sam

We recommend people with 4K TV’s set their user interface (UI) to 1080p. Kodi’s UI is not optimized for 4K yet and this can put unnecessary demands on your device and can lead to a suboptimal picture quality, as well as potentially cause other issues.

The settings we recommend are as follows…

Settings>System>Display>Resolution> 1920x1080p
Settings>System>Display>Whitelist> (empty) *
Settings>Player>Videos>Adjust display refresh rate> On start/stop

Some televisions may also need, or benefit from, the following being set…

System>Display>Force 4:2:2 colour subsampling> (enable)

With the above settings your UI will be output in Full HD and your 4K content will be output in 4K. *Information regarding the whitelist can be found here. If you have any doubt, feel free to upload some logs so we can verify that your settings are indeed correct.