Stuttering menu on Vero 4K+ and Aeon Nox

If you bring up the OSD during playback, there may be a brief stutter, not much that can be done about that. This is because of how Kodi is designed (VideoPlayer architecture).

Could be, but i have no stuttering on Pi3 or on FireTV Stick (with Kodi) when i do this

I am not a programmer but IMHO the stuttering is not the fault of the vero4k but eventually the fault of the Aeon Nox skin itself, which maybe is not optimized for using with OSMC

I can check this in a few days.

Thank you. Have you found out anything?

I will check this tonight.

1 Like

Tried this tonight and struggling to find a problem. Just to clarify once more: can I simply install OSMC, the skin and browse the menus without any library etc?

I’m not seeing an issue here

Just to clarify once more: can I simply install OSMC, the skin and browse the menus without any library etc?

Yes.

I’m not seeing an issue here

I feared that :wink: You have to compare it with the performance of the same skin on a Pi3, which runs absolutely smooth there

I will compare it to a Pi 3 + (also running OSMC) shortly.

Thanks for your effort.

Maybe the skin has a problem with osmc, not with the vero. On my Pi3 libreelec is installed and aeon nox runs with visible more performance.

The customer has returned the order, so the issue can be considered resolved if others cannot reproduce a problem.

I found that the performance of this skin was significantly improved with the 4.9 kernel and Mali updates regardless.