Stuttering on all video, local and streaming - Pi 2

This system is about 2 years in operation with almost no problems.
In the last couple of days however, Kodi playback has been stuttering like there was a download speed problem.
Now that would be the first thing I looked at until I realised that locally stored movies and videos were also stuttering. Even the UI stutters a little. I’m not getting any overheating warnings and don’t have it overclocked. I thought it might be a codec/decoder problem. I’ve checked for updates to Kodi but it seems I’m running the latest version.

If I do a full reboot after leaving it unplugged for a while it will run again for another couple of hours, but then the problem starts again so I’m at a loss.

Could the video chip on the Pi be dying? I haven’t a clue how to diagnose this as its somewhat intermittent and all the software and plugins seems to be working.

Well if you need help first starting point are always debug enabled logs.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

So, in summary:

• activate the logging
  • reboot the OSMC device
  • reproduce the issue
  • upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A
  • publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

Great I’ll take a look at this as soon as I can