Stuttering Video Playback every 120 secs

Hi,

neither Factory Reset nor a new installation did help my Issue:

About every 120 seconds the picture freezes for 1/4 seconds while Audio is still playing.
This happens with SDR and HDR Content, with mkv and iso Files, no matter if Audio is set to “Passthrough” oder not.

Pleas finde the Log File at:
https://paste.osmc.tv/idoramavas

PS: on some other media Devices eg NVIDIA Shield etc Kodi runs just fine in the same Chain.

Thanks in advance
Wolf

Hi,

Does the same issue occur with local playback from usb or internal storage?

Thanks Tom.

We recommend people with 4K TV’s set their user interface (UI) to 1080p. Kodi’s UI is not optimized for 4K yet and this can put unnecessary demands on your device and can lead to a suboptimal picture quality, as well as potentially cause other issues.

The settings we recommend are as follows…

Settings>System>Display>Resolution> 1920x1080p
Settings>System>Display>Whitelist> (empty)
Settings>Player>Videos>Adjust display refresh rate> On start/stop

Some televisions may also need, or benefit from, the following being set…

System>Display>Force 4:2:2 colour subsampling> (enable)

With the above settings your UI will be output in Full HD and your 4K content will be output in 4K. If you have any doubt, feel free to upload some logs so we can verify that your settings are indeed correct.

Thanks Guys, i think the Issue is the USB to LAN Adapter/Converter (i purchased shortly after the Vero arrived, since i had huge Bandwidthproblems with 4k HDR Files).

Put in the Settings recommended by bmillham and plugged in a USB Drive recommended by Tom_Doyle - and all ran flawlessly!

Switched back to my NAS and the same Issue accured again.
Then I remembered the USB to LAN Adapter and kicked it out - Tata!
But now i have the bandwidth Problems again…

Hi,

Have you consider kernel mounts rather than kodi soft mounts:

Should be better througput.

Thanks Tom.

Did you perform a iperf3 bandwidth test on your LAN? And - which NAS are you using (Windows/Linux and network filesystem type NFS/SMB)?