Suddenly can't playback many files

How are you determining this?

I’m not - it was based on our discussion here that I was told from the log that there was struggling with the connection to the NAS. So assuming that it’s a problem with the throughput. And I can play tiny files but not the larger (5GB+) files where it will just stutter to a halt.

Just realized the second “blue” section was to restore back to what I had and no the reset. So the reset didn’t help unfortunately. I’m at my wits end here what it can be. The network works fine and the files play fine on other devices on the network, but Vero just completely chokes on it like it’s not hardware accelerated or has very limited network (the same for cable or wifi).

Hi,

I would try with kernel mounts such as fstab as sam suggestion or an alternative is:

Which has a better recovery success that fstab, if they the network is a bit flaky and IMHO is easier to setup than fstab.

Thanks Tom.

Just tried setting up the NAS for NFS and made a new connection using NFS. Same result unfortunately. Is there a place to test network speed? I can’t see connection speed - just settings for IP and gateway etc.

At this point, I would definitely do an iperf3 test.

Gonna have to go through my entire network again. There must be something going on…

Thank you all for the help!

An update to this case. I have been through my entire network, changed cables and some old switches. Now everything works as normal, so it must have been somewhere on the network. Very weird that it would do this to just the Vero and not other clients on the network. But fingers crossed that it stays working. Thank you all for your help and support! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting back