System does not respond to remote after period of inactivity

Using Vero 4K and system has been connected for several weeks with, I believe, automatic updates working but otherwise not being used. The TV has several inputs and Vero 4K is plugged into HDMI2 but I have only just now selected this input.

I have selected HDMI2 input and the screen is visible but dimmed and remote does not work. The only way I could bring the device back to life was by unplugging power connector and plugging in again.

Will have to remind myself of everything after so long away but the stalled behaviour has me puzzled. If I have a repeat how can I bring system back to life without powering off?

Hi,

The make and model of the TV, would help.

Is this the TV or the vero4k, I suspect powering or standing by the tv will bring the remote back to life.

Also enabling and disabling cec may help.

Thanks Tom.

This happens to me ocasionally. Are you using the Vero remote, or using the TV remote with CEC? If using CEC try switching to a different input and back to see if the remote comes back to life.

If that doesn’t help, try to ssh in and see if the system is hung, or just Kodi.

Details regarding how to access the command line interface can be found here on our Wiki: Accessing the command line - General - OSMC

You can restart Kodi with this command:

sudo systemctl restart mediacenter

Hi and many thanks for suggestions. System has been working ever since so all is well for now. If I get stuck again will try various options but it was not the tv. Not sure how to disable and restart the cec but will now check before going to ssh. Thanks again.
Budge