System.Exec Not Working

Cant get System.Exec to work.
Can someone inform me of the correct way to launch a .sh from osmc kodi menu.

Im trying to launch parsec. I just type parsec from anywere in command and it launches but I also kbow the location of the parsec.sh Im guessing I also need to make it executable.

I have done lots of searches on google to fibd info and looks like most are using a bash file that then links to the .sh file is this true?? Been at this for ages so any help would be appreciated.

Link to Parsec install methods.

faq.parsec.tv/articles/10083-raspberry-pi

Check this post, maybe it helps

I put together some scripts that do the trick: *link removed

I finally got around to creating a full featured Parsec addon for OSMC/Kodi.

You can find the source here: GitHub - OMGrant/script.parsec: Launch Parsec from OSMC on your Raspberry Pi
and the download link here: http://dev.grantgarrison.com/

Hi,

I got an similiar problem to yours. I try to call a script from kodi menu, which opens a new virtual terminal and another sh script. Here is the problem. Each time the first script try to open the other script there comes the failure: “Cant open test.sh”

The first sh got the following content: sudo su pi -c “openvt -s -f sh sudo test.sh”; sudo systemctl stop mediacenter;

The second script Test.sh: sudo parsec server_id=XXX; sudo systemctl start mediacenter;

When i try to run both commands manual or together from ssh terminal it works fine! So I guess there is a problems with my rights or maybe i miss something at openvt?

Hope somebody could help me!

Thanks in advance!

Use full paths in your scripts otherwise it will fail

1 Like

thanks, it works!