[TESTING] 10-bit, HDR and dithering improvements

Sry, that was a misunderstanding then. I was referring to the stable kernel :grin:
The issue is gone in the test kernel.

That is good to hear

@Sam:

i can not edit the rc.local (for 10 bit display), because ā€œpermission deniedā€. I was connected by sftp via Filezillaā€¦

Any idea?

Many thanks!
BR Peter

Suggest you use SSH to access the box. Youā€™ll also need to use sudo to get elevated privilege when editing rc.local.

See Accessing the command line

Thanks for reply! I was connected via SSH, but donā€™t know how to edit the rc.localā€¦ For this i try to use filezilla. Could you give me a further hint?

BR Peter

Use sudo nano /etc/rc.local

@dillthedog:

Many thanks for helping out! After procedure OSMC shows update available, will this overwrite the test build again?

BR
Peter

Iā€™m pretty new to the Vero 4k, but I have tried one 10bit 4k movie which is looking much better with this build. Canā€™t really say anything about the banding issue. I do however experience occasional blackouts. Full debug log here: https://paste.osmc.tv/qapopigapi

@Sam:

10bit Picture-depth is working well with this build; But there is no switching between 8 and 10 bit, right? It stays at 10 bit also for 8 bit content. Was this your intention?

Great work + hope to see this ā€œfeatureā€ official!

BR
Peter

Yes ā€“ this is expected.

This functionality will be implemented in the next update. Thanks to everyone in this thread for testing and helping us prepare it for OSMC :thumbsup:

Closing this thread as the above improvements are now in OSMCā€™s July update