[TESTING] DVB improvements for Vero 4K take 2

@JimKnopf @sam_nazarko

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, JimKnopf, you’re right that Parknet is the site you’re referring to.

I just tried doing running the w_scan without country setting and with tvheadend stopped, but it gives the same result. It’s simply not picking up any channels.

ERROR: Sorry - i couldn't get any working frequency/transponder
 Nothing to scan!!

I don’t really want to completely reinstall my OSMC on my Vero 4K (have too much stuff set up, addons, services etc.), so I figured I’d try the same tuner on my clean RPi3 OSMC install. Aaaand - it’s the same situation there. No channels/muxes picked up either by w-scan or tvheadend. So I guess it’s not a driver issue, but more about the OSMC T2 tuner not being able to pick up my DVB-C channels - for some reason…

I then tried going back to my earlier DVB-C tuner, the Terratec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD, just to make sure the channels were actually still coming through the cable. Worked perfectly; 153 services found on tvheadend and w-scan.

What’s interesting then is that I tried plugging in the Terratec Cinergy on my already booted Vero 4K - and it did get picked up just fine and I was able to scan all the channels perfectly! However, I still have the issue with the Vero not being able to (re)boot when I have the Terratec plugged in. It only works when the Vero is completely booted and I plug it in from there. I made this thread about it earlier as you might remember: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/support-for-terratec-cinergy-usb-xs-tv-tuner/

So: what do I do from here? I’ll be very happy if I could somehow make the Vero able to boot with my Terratec plugged in - or with the OSMC T2 tuner being able to pick up my channels.

Thanks in advance!