[TESTING] Improved video clock with Kodi Krypton

Thanks for the feedback.

I have Adjust Refresh Rate on Start/Stop. I use a projector which means the screen goes dark for a brief moment while the video mode changes, but I like to watch TV at the correct refresh rate.

I think most people are the same: we put a good amount of effort in tidying up frame rate automation for OSMC

I found this topic after finding terrible stuttering issues after the latest update - but since updating to the version linked in this thread everything seems completely fine now.

Great, thanks for the feedback.

I gave it some battle testing with my family and it has also got approval. I did want to get these fixes in for our Krypton release originally but due to a lack of testing was unable to do so

Updating to the version depicted in the first post fixed the issues I had with h264 as well as VC-1 playback.

However the sound seems to have a lot of trouble adjusting in the first few seconds, basically the intro of a movie. It sounds like it sounded when I turned hardware acceleration off.
So the intro to some films (Overall bit rate : 19.2 Mbps) is like 20th Century Fox Flute (ORIGINAL) - YouTube

Congrats :slight_smile:

at the moment all works fine on vero2 with krypton final.

no problems with vc-1 Files, all fine.

The video Codec overlay is also there again thank you very much for that.

i keep you up to date, i have to test this with a view movies with different video and audio codecs but for the first impressions the main problem with VC-1 is fixed

Sam is a genius :slight_smile:

so far, looks like it’s a success.
tried on vc-1 test files, and my h264 files… all good so far

Clock improvements are now released to all users as a hotfix, so I will close this thread. Thanks for testing.

Sam