[TESTING] Improved video clock with Kodi Krypton

Hello

There are some improvements to timing for Vero 2 that I would like to get included in Kodi Krypton. I’ve produced a test build and would appreciate feedback from anyone experiencing stuttering or slight synchronisation issues.

To get the test build, please run the following commands:

wget "https://www.dropbox.com/s/so82agvjfehzqnd/vero2-mediacenter-osmc.deb?dl=1" -O vero2-mediacenter-osmc.deb
sudo dpkg -i vero2-mediacenter-osmc.deb
sudo reboot

I’m looking forward to your feedback

Cheers

Sam

I’m running the krypton rc and this patch broke hardware h264 playback for me.

Okay,

Can you post a debug log?

I didn’t have a chance to test this fully yet, but will do tomorrow evening.

Sam

Same for me, the h264 playback is now unusable, same as i reported with VC-1

A small part of the Debug Log and if something is missing the Full Log:

Debug:
http://paste.osmc.io/iniwapacih.rb

Full:
http://paste.osmc.io/qeyiworasu

h264 with software playback works.

I am hoping for fast help :wink:

thanks

To downgrade to the previous version I did the following:

Search the apt cache for the previous version:
sudo apt-cache show vero2-mediacenter-osmc

Choose the previous version from the list and install it. In this case I installed version 16.9.9-1
sudo apt-get install vero2-mediacenter-osmc=16.9.9-1

1 Like

Thank You :smiley:

Is it possible to update this officiall jannuary update over the testing kodi 17 update? I already left a feedback at the testing post that there h264 hardware playback is broken and there is also no vc-1 improvement.

The software playback seems to be to slow or weak so everything is lagging also.

At the moment i cant see any of my original movies on the vero2.

Thanks

Krypton is experimental at this stage. It won’t replace the test builds until the final version comes along.

After i followed the tipp of Spinner it is working again for me.

Now there is a little improvement also for VC-1 files but not perfect yet.

This is what he told me to do:

To downgrade to the previous version I did the following:

Search the apt cache for the previous version:
sudo apt-cache show vero2-mediacenter-osmc

Choose the previous version from the list and install it. In this case I installed version 16.9.9-1
sudo apt-get install vero2-mediacenter-osmc=16.9.9-1

All you have done here is remove the [Testing] video clock, an experiment, and returned to where you began. This has nothing to do with the January update.

Ok, so i will stay at this stage for the moment cuz the Video Clock improvement made thigs even worser than better for me :wink:

That is the whole point of testing. It’s not stable nor should you expect it to be. Sometime things will break.

I have updated the original post with an improved build. It can be applied after the Krypton release and should improve playback for a variety of content.

Looking forward to your feedback as well as debug logs :slight_smile:

Files no longer getting skipped, but playback is choppy and vq is low <75%

Resolves the choppy playback at 24Hz issue reported in this thread. Seems to be working fine for me now, thanks!

Agreed it’s mostly resolved the issue, the vq should be higher than 75% though

Is there an objective test you are using for this, or is that your eyeballing estimate? If there’s a test then I can try it too and see if I get a similar figure.

On the remote, press the 3 lines button, then OK and it shows the vq.

Previous builds it’s been 98%+

Yep, about 70% reported on my test file. I’m afraid I can’t offer a comparison to what it was under Jarvis, though, I didn’t record that before upgrading. It doesn’t actually look obviously worse quality to me, but without a side-by-side comparison it would be hard to tell for sure.

Resolves it for me too.
One question: how is your guys setting concerning ‘Adjust Display Refresh Rate’?
Did you set it to always or at start/stop?
Is start/stop “sufficient”?