[TESTING] Kodi 17 (Krypton) Beta Builds for all platforms

can someone confirm gui settings changes are not getting saved to guisettings.xml ?
so when i restart kodi, i lost my chnges.
Tested creating a favorite and it saved instantly. So no permission issue

Iā€™m having the same problem, if I remove the live tv/radio menus they come back at the next boot. I believe this is already being worked on though.

Hmm ā€¦ for me lot of other settings are lost after reboot - like Audio Passthrough, default language/subtitles etc ā€¦
Because itā€™s beta I canā€™t use Polish language, but itā€™s not a problem.

Plus - new CEC library allows ā€œpress and holdā€ arrow keys so i can scroll through lists faster ā€¦
Minus - CEC/Arc is still greedy ā€¦ when I switch source from OSMC to TV, Kodi immediately forces HDMI2 instead of ARC, and turning TV on after StandBy ā€¦ but it was like this on Kodi 15/16 as well ā€¦

My user data was causing kodi to crash when i moved my user folder kodi started properlly.

I believe it could be due to tvheadend. I cannot start the addon.

I get this when i enable the addon. Error addon couldnā€™t be loaded, cannot find share library

Please remember what we need from you to debug any issues.

Sam

mm in the log i only get.

21:58:03 5082.959473 T:1958174720 ERROR: UpdateAddons - failed to create add-on Tvheadend HTSP Client, status = 6

as per https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts/issues/18

this is my output

ldd -r /usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so
linux-vdso.so.1 (0x7efbc000)
/usr/lib/libarmmem.so (0x76eef000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpthread.so.0 (0x76ebd000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6 (0x76e06000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libm.so.6 (0x76d92000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x76d69000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6 (0x76c79000)
/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0x54ba4000)
undefined symbol: dlsym (/usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so)
undefined symbol: dlerror (/usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so)
undefined symbol: dlopen (/usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so)
undefined symbol: dlclose (/usr/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.hts/pvr.hts.so)

Got following error upgrading from GMC test builds.

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

It happens shortly after

packing rbp2-mediacenter-osmc (16.9.0-2) over (16.8-164) .

Can debug logs be enabled during installation?

Setup:
TV<=ARC=>Soundbar (with 2HDMI)<=Pi OSMC

For my issue:

1. Enabled Debug
  2. Restart OSMC
  3. Go to Movies
  4. Play a movie for few secs
  5. Stop movie (go to list)
  6. Switch HDMI source from OSMC to TV
  7. I see ARC on soundbar for 1-2s and then HDMI2 is forced by Pi
  8. Go back to OSMC ā€¦
  9. Turn off Logging
  10. http://paste.osmc.io/iqerosebup

PS. When switching to TV source I see the picture, but soundbar is showing HDMI2 as source (not ARC) ā€¦ even if iā€™ll try to force ARC from soundbar remote it least for 2-3s and again Kodi is forcing HDMI2 ā€¦

Sorry!

You were right. It was a skin issue and renaming .kodi got things to run (obviously, I lost my libraries and settings).

I am not really clear what you mean here. I followed your instructions above, which specified dist-upgrade. Did those instructions assume a full Debian upgrade first? I am happy to do the full upgrade you mentioned, just not sure on the details.

I was using a (very lightly) modified version of the OSMC skin. Is the original OSMC skin not supported, or would it have been my modifications that broke things?

I have the same problem, kodi donā€™t save configurations, and my kodi.log only say this about it

14:33:53 96.178040 T:1959247872 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type ā€œSetting.Details.SettingListā€
14:33:54 96.284264 T:1959247872 ERROR: JSONRPC: Unable to parse JSON Schema definition for ā€œā€
14:33:54 96.284500 T:1959247872 ERROR: JSONRPC: Invalid JSON Schema definition for method ā€œā€

These entries are present in all builds and have nothing to do with the issue you experience. Always provide complete and debug enabled logs.

Have you reason

I find this

14:33:36 79.053268 T:1686893552 WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information, including logs from you. Our wiki contains detailed steps for providing the relevant info we need to help you.

thanks, I try it

https://discourse.osmc.tv/search?q=Could%20not%20parse%20type%20%22Setting.Details.SettingList%22

https://discourse.osmc.tv/search?q=CSkinInfo%3A%20failed%20to%20load%20skin%20settings

As I said, all of these things you seem concerned with are present in all installs and should be ignored.

Great!!! you respond all my questions, I resolve my problem, THANKS !!!

Hi,

When I plug my external hard drive, OSMC didnā€™t connect it automatically and I need to search for it in File Explorer. Is this a known bug or something?

Another thing I want to ask, how can I enable that beautiful new skin?

Thanks!

Hi,

will there be any updates?
I have the same problem that every video or Live TV (via TVH) will not be HW acceleration.
Soā€¦ everything is laggy at meā€¦

amcodec is enabled at Kodi and I have put ā€˜always onā€™ on every codec type. Butā€¦ nothing changes.

I use the Vero2

Of course, these are beta testbuilds. The purpose of them is so that users who test them will provide meaningful feedback in the way of debug enabled logs so that the causes for issues such as this can be definitively determined and resolved.

Providing nothing more than a ā€œme too!ā€ is not helpful. Please provide meaningful information here.

In the follow the kodi logs.

I hope it can help you.
http://paste.osmc.io/xilasodeco.vhdl