[TESTING] Kodi 17 (Krypton) Beta Builds for all platforms

The debug log is helpful, looks like a quick and easy fix. I will produce an updated build shortly, I’m just getting a chance to sit down and work on things now.

What did you expect to happen in Jarvis, and how is this different now? Debug log would be helpful.

See the release notes.

I will keep updating these builds and update the original post when I do so. They are in a state of flux :slight_smile:

In Jarvis, it automatically mount the device and it warns me with a dialog box in the top of my screen. In Krypton I needed to go to File Explorer and search for it.

http://paste.osmc.io/iyukiriwuj.sm Here you are. (this is the log)

Since English is not my first language, I can’t explain it clearly (thing that I can do perfectly in Spanish) so if you have more questions tell me and I’ll try to explain it better.

I will investigate this.

17:23:43 127.835381 T:1958686720   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /media/TOSHIBA EXT/
17:23:43 127.837227 T:1958686720   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(/media/TOSHIBA EXT/) failed

Looks a little strange. Can you try another drive, like a USB stick?

That was a error when I plug my Toshiba EXT of 1TB (That worked perfectly hours ago) but later on it worked. When I tried to connect my another hard drive (Seagate) Kodi doesn’t mount it automatically (like the first time with the Toshiba one)

I know that my explanations are the worst in the world. I’m sorry about that.

That might be a power problem if you sometimes get issues mounting drives. Try with a thumb drive which isn’t rotational or better yet, an improved PSU.

It’s not a power problem because I buyed the best one and I didn’t have that problems on Jarvis >.<

Okay – I will do some testing and we will find out soon enough :wink:

Can anyone replicate?

Ok, if you need me for test something and found what’s going on, let me know.

Test a better power supply…

How many times I need to say that the power supply is OK and it hasn’t got any problems?

Yet you continuously have problems that are indicative of insufficient power supply… go figure…

I haven’t got this problem in Jarvis with the same power supply. I’ll wait until Sam’s answer and see what’s going on.

Updated this afternoon and ran into a sad face bootloop :frowning:

After a bit of investigation I found that the problem is on the addon database(Addon26.db).
If I erase it, kodi boots but I end up with a empty addon list.
If I copy the previous version(Addon20.db) to force a migration the new version is created but I always end up on a bootloop.

Which logs can I post to get some help?
Checked kodi.log and all I get are some 404 errors on some addons(probably broken ones).
I don’t think this is the problem but anyways I really don’t know how to clean them up from the DB.

Thanks in advance

grab-logs -A

Thank you.

Here’s the log output:
http://paste.osmc.io/ekujigakek

Probably one of your pirate addons that has not been updated to play nice in Krypton. Good luck.

Your probably right… time I clean up since 99% of the installed addons I never use.

Just a quick question.
Should I wanna try to rollback what is the current stable version to pass th apt-get install?
sudo apt-get install rbp2-mediacenter-osmc=???

Thank you!

Just did a clean install of this on a RPi3, buttery smooth install and buttery smooth performance. Loving the new skin so far. Can’t wait to test the OSMC skin.

Upgraded some days ago.
For now all goes ok, except from a small thing:
I’ve noticed an higher temperature display in hardware status.

In kodi 16 the CPU temperature was around lower 50C.
Now in kodi 17 beta, the displayed temperature is arround higher 50C, some times reaching 62C.

Also noticed that using the command line:
vcgencmd measure_temp
Gives different values (in fact the usual low fifties) from the ones displayed by the kodi 17 interface.

Note: Running KODI in a raspberry pi 3
My logs: http://paste.osmc.io/yajigojuje

Thanks

Pi is safe to run at anything less than 85c. Only then will it begin to throttle back performance to prevent damage.