[TESTING] Kodi 17 (Krypton) Beta Builds for all platforms

Yes. I’m aware of it.
I’m just reporting that the values seems to be higher in kodi 17 than kodi 16, and different from the ones currently reported by
vgencmd measure_temp

Are you playing the same clips?

Are you playing back H265 content?

@antonio8909
Can you run this please?

wget https://gist.githubusercontent.com/fernandog/d330f87b19c2ace350110cb697504fc2/raw/299622e03eb254390a0e5ae372ad9d80f3237bd5/throttling.py
python throttling.py

Report result please

Hi,

That’ll fix the hard drive issue?

@sam_nazarko Shall I try?

@antonio8909
No. it will output the status of you PSU.
Sometimes you may have power issues without knowing. I had this issue in the past so that’s why I created this script. So everytime modarators ask me about my PSU i give this output :grinning:

This will proof if you have power issues or not

@fernandog What’s the “normal” result and the “bad” result in a example?

@antonio8909 it reads the bytes from the chip and display it. Then need to ready it bytes and convert it. There is no “binary” right/wrong. It reads 6 variables. So the result is a combination of 6 (do the maths)

1 Like

Hola,

Estoy casi seguro de que el problema sea con tu cargador. Me acuerdo que ya has tenido problemas así. Estos aparatos normalmente son muy sensibles y no son para cargar el raspberry Pi a menos que compres el aparato oficial.

Has tenido problemas así antes y me parece que tienes el mismo problema ahora. Sé que dices que funcionó bien con la versión anterior pero como hemos visto hoy, la nueva versión necesita más poder y se calienta más. Necesita más recursos y si el poder que recibía era marginal, ahora probablemente será insuficiente.

Hay maneras de probar si el poder que recibe es suficiente, pero son distintas a las que has descrito.
Recomendaría nuestro cargador oficial aquí. Al menos, es una inversión que hará que tu aparato funcione bien muchos años y sabrás que tu aparato sin problemas de poder a pesar de los periféricos que añades.

No podía reproducir tu problema hoy, pero seguiré investigando. Sin embargo, la falta de declaraciones en el foro y tus problemas anteriores con el poder me hacen pensar que es un asunto local.

Sam

@sam_nazarko Principalmente, yo uso este cargador

Que tiene las mismas especificaciones que este

Si faltara energía aparecería ese icono que te indica que hay falta de alimentación eléctrica. Cosa que no aparece.

Saludos.

A little update on this issue.
The bootloop was due to a botched Addon database update(version 20 to 26).
After removing both files I ended up with a booting kodi but with an empty addon list.
After a lot of findling I found out that the problem was not on any of the piracy addons as @ActionA complained.

What happened was that kodi, for some reason, checked all my addons and repos as disabled after the Addon database rebuild.
On the “My Addons” list the addons were there and I manually enable them to get a proper working kodi.

So to conclude, and hoping this helps anyone in need:

• If you get a empty addon list after upgrading from kodi 16 to 17 check if you have any disabled addon, and if so, reenable them.

@antonio8909 just run the script. there won’t be any argument against your PSU if it returns ok.

Looks like installing this add-ons make Kodi not run/crash (sad face):

• Trakt
  • OpenWeatherMap Extended
    (wondering if Kodi should handle graceful and not crash if some error happens while loading add-ons)

Also if you use “Confluence” skin and enable “Arial” font, Kodi crash (sad face)

Can someone else confirm so I can debug/report to add-on devs in kodi forum?

UPDATE:
Following this instructions Trakt.tv v3 for Trakt my kodi crashed:

11:16:28 215947.718750 T:3026046976   DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing from zip '/home/osmc/script.module.six-1.9.0.zip'
11:16:29 215948.671875 T:2838225904   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.module.six has been uninstalled.'
11:16:30 215950.390625 T:2838225904    INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not read plug-in directory /usr/lib/kodi/addons: No such file or directory'
11:16:31 215950.453125 T:2838225904   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.module.six has been installed.'
11:16:31 215950.546875 T:2838225904   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Not all directories were successfully scanned.'

Looks like Team Kodi is aware of it. Time to just wait for now.

Is the HW acceleration problem under the Vero2 already fixed? :frowning:

Regards,
Tom

Not yet.

When the builds are updated, the original post will be updated. There are quite a few issues with Krypton, so I am working on these.

The URLs in the addon.xml in repository.xbmc.org are still referencing to jarvis, therefore I’m getting dependency errors when installing add-ons.

I have this problem on two installations after updating to the beta build.

Thanks for reporting that. I’ll check that – as that shouldn’t be the case.

Sam

So far so good, both upgrade I’ve done went through without a hitch. Only took a few minutes and I have not noticed any problems during the upgrade logs. Seem stable so far, and better at playing live TV from HDHomerun. No crash. A+

Correct – not sure how this happened; but I have fixed it for the next release.

Yes. The exact same clips and procedures (turn-on, wait for the full boot, library update, some browsing and running the same clips)
The Pi3 running in the same housing and in the same place of the living room.
Yesterday night I’ve revert back from Kodi 17 to Kodi 16 (using a previous “dd” backup of the sd-card made in my PC) and confirmed a difference of about 10 degrees less reported by OSMC interface when running Kodi 16 opposing to the kodi 17 beta.