[TESTING] Kodi 17 (Krypton) Beta Builds for all platforms

I wasn’t able to replicate this bug with a local drive

I had it 5 minutes ago :’( @sam_nazarko I needed to explore into /media/my external drive to make a kind of “launcher” in file section for access to the hard drive

I was allready thinking I’am the only one with this kind of bug

1 Like

We are two now! I was thinking that there was a problem with my hard drive or something.

Ah, OSMC with Krypton automount is as usuall, but I had also ad it by hand inside Kodi to use it.

I’ve got 0 problems wiith automount in the stable version but I’m in the beta for report this kind of bugs so here I am :slight_smile:

Hehe, me too, I’m really fine with the OSMC with Kodi 16, but I read so much about the beta so I can’t resist needed to see it NOW!

I can confirm the automount bug. Tried two different USB sticks.

1 Like

We are three now @sam_nazarko

It’s amazing that there are now three people in a beta testing thread not posting debug logs and not checking upstream for any potential change of behaviour or bug.

I shared my log days ago and I cant check all days thia post. If there is some problem, Sam will tell us. I can try to share my logs every day but I dont think that Sam will need it every day.

True and he already replied

But now we are more people so lets wait. Thats all.

Upgrading to the latest GMC then upgrading to the Krypton beta results in teh following:

osmc@osmc:~$ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
Calculating upgrade… The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
armv7-libdvdcss-osmc armv7-libdvdnav-osmc armv7-libdvdread-osmc libjasper1 rbp2-image-4.4.16-1-osmc
rbp2-image-4.4.16-4-osmc
Use ‘apt-get autoremove’ to remove them.
Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
rbp2-mediacenter-osmc
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/35.1 MB of archives.
After this operation, 5,195 kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
(Reading database … 26584 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/rbp2-mediacenter-osmc_16.9.0-2_armhf.deb …
Unpacking rbp2-mediacenter-osmc (16.9.0-2) over (16.8-177) …
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/rbp2-mediacenter-osmc_16.9.0-2_armhf.deb (–unpack):
trying to overwrite ‘/usr/lib/kodi/system/players/VideoPlayer/libdvdnav-arm.so’, which is also in package armv7-libdvdnav-osmc 5.0.4-1
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.58) …
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/rbp2-mediacenter-osmc_16.9.0-2_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Spart

You are on a really old gmc build, you should update to his latest build, then a Krypton beta

Then I am very confused because Gregs post shows that I am on the latest build 16.8.177 updated this morning!

osmc@osmc:~$ dpkg -l | grep mediacenter-osmc | awk ‘{ print $3 }’
16.8-177

Cheers
Spart

Indeed you are, you need to run sudo apt-get autoremove to get rid of the old libdvd packages first though.

Here it is my log again for the automount bug @sam_nazarko
This log is from 5 minutes ago

http://paste.osmc.io/gitiwojopu

Debug logging is not enabled, so it does not provide much insight.

Again that problem… I have it activated but it doesn’t apply the action. I’ll try again