[TESTING] Kodi 17 (Krypton) Beta Builds for all platforms

Not related to the issue you mention, but are you using the OSMC Skin? I notice this error in your log:

18:19:41  12.612364 T:1959034880   ERROR: Misplaced ]
18:19:41  12.612466 T:1959034880   ERROR: Error parsing boolean expression [!Skin.HasSetting(widgetFanart)] + [StringCompare(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(submenuVisibility),weather) + [Control.HasFocus(8009) | String.IsEqual(Skin.String(menuStyle),lumos)] + Skin.HasSetting(weatherFanart.multi)] + []````

@BobCrachett is this an issue with the OSMC skin?

Letā€™s try again one more time @sam_nazarko
http://paste.osmc.io/julitedako

I checked it again and the debug option is enabled.

Yes, Iā€™m using the new skin and I have a bug with a IPTV addon that doesnā€™t show the option TV and I see a space where nothing is written but I thought that it was an incompatibility problem of that addon

Unfortunately the log shows me nothing obvious, but I will try later to replicate the problem.

If you spot any more skin oddities, please report them in the skinā€™s testing thread so we can get them fixed.

Cheers

Iā€™ll report the space problem in that thread.

Let me know if I need to check something and tell you the results. Iā€™ll be here :slight_smile:

Yes Sam, that (the logging) is a skin problem. Added to to-do list.

The iptv client not enabling the home screen Live TV options possibly isnā€™t - that menu option is for PVR backends, which (aside from the IPTV Simple PVR client), these arenā€™t - theyā€™re just ordinary scripts. Iā€™ll deal with the space in the other thread :slight_smile:

@BobCrachett I post about this in the skin thread. Thank you for answer about this.

If you need more info or the name of that addon (that addon is legal) let me know.

Thanks ^^

18:30:56   9.671053 T:1958363136  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
18:30:56   9.671083 T:1958363136  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_NORMAL"

You are doing something wrong then because debugging is not enabled.

I already sent the right one again. Thatā€™s old

The problem is, you must enable debugging, then reboot, then create the issue you are reporting. The automount is something we should be seeing in the boot process and without debug logging pre-enabled, it is not seen.

What can I do then? It looks like Iā€™m reporting a fake bug or something. Nobody can see it in the logs but itā€™s happening to me. I donā€™t understand nothing :cry:

Iā€™ve just told you what to do! Itā€™s also well explained in the How to submit a useful support request wiki link that you were already provided!

> Before uploading any logs, you should ensure that Debugging is enabled in Kodi. This can be done by going to Settings ā†’ System ā†’ and selecting Enable Debugging. You should then perform a reboot of your device and perform only the minimum actions required to replicate this issue so that it is easy to identify the cause of the problem.

And I did it with the second log!

Iā€™ll make a third log but maybe youā€™ll see the same!

Sir, the log shows explicitly that Kodi booted without debug logging enabled, after which, debug logging was enabled sometime after boot completion. If you wish to continue to argue with the log itself, feel free.

The bottom line is, we all want to solve a problem. The OSMC team cannot replicate the problem. The next logical step is to compare debug enabled logs from users who suffer from the problem. My whole purpose here is to help users to provide the most relevant, useful info to the development team so that OSMC can be better for everyone.

Here it is the third log.

http://paste.osmc.io/nuwowicave

Feel free to check it or not.

Thanks

18:39:10   9.589904 T:1959067648  NOTICE: Enabled debug logging due to GUI setting (2)
18:39:10   9.589933 T:1959067648  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_DEBUG_FREEMEM"

Logs explicitly indicate that debug logging was enabled at boot. Thanks.

Finally!!!

Thanks ^^

I did Pal,

as questioned.

Hi!

Background
One rbp1 with latest Krypton Beta 3 updates (even the new things on general OSMC October update) and a second rbp1 with Krypton but the last update of this one was the new skin, after that, no updates were installed over this one.

Symptom
Since this weekend (probably since yesterday) one of my Samba shares over an old Samba server stopped authenticating me giving a permanent permission problem over the first rbpi. The share is reacheable ok and was working ok with previous Krypton releases since the beggining of this post over that same rbpi.

What I suspect
The symptom looks very similar to one that happened under some Samba security changes weeks ago on Jarvis. Seems a regression or a new thing producing the exact same behavior:

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/cant-reach-my-smb-shares-after-the-last-osmc-update/15628

All my other Samba shares are not browsable from Krypton but working (as per fixed configurations over sources.xml and passwords.xml).

ĀæDid somenthing changed on Samba between this friday and today for your Krypton releases? Logs donā€™t show any relevant info, just the confirmation that the problem is not getting the Samba auth to access that share. I mounted the problematic share on my Ubuntu laptop and I can confirm that it is in good shape. My other rbp1 with Krypton but not upgraded over the last week works flawlessly over that share. The only thing in common between both rbpis is that they are not capable to browse smb shares from my workgroup under Krypton. This last feature was working OK over Jarvis until I moved both rbpis to Krypton BETA.

16:14:05 782.201843 T:2554074096   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting
16:14:07 783.708801 T:3025707008   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:14:07 783.777771 T:3025707008   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERNAME:PASSWORD@PCH-A110/share/Video'
                                            unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'
16:14:53 829.899780 T:3025707008   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
16:14:53 829.953857 T:3025707008   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://PCH-A110/share/Video/
16:14:53 829.984985 T:3025707008   ERROR: Error Getting Directory (smb://PCH-A110/share/Video/)

Hope this helps to squash the thing.

No. There have been no Samba changes since early April.

Tips for reliable Samba browsing:

• Use static IP addresses, not hostnames
  • Use authentication

Apparently a Windows 10 update caused problems with Samba recently. Have you installed Windows updates recently?

As you can check in the short fragment of log that I posted, the share is reached by Kodi, but the share is not granting permissions, just like happened on Aprilā€™s update. I know this because I helped you to correct a little config problem of auth over old Samba servers after the release of that update: This is the same share that I used to test the solution. This particular share is authenticaded and there are no problems to reach it from other devices on my network, even the ā€œother not updted at the dayā€ rbp1 that I mentioned before, The problem is cleraly of SPNEGO over old Samba servers after reaching. Just like happened on the Aprilā€™s update. i donā€™t know, but yesterday I saw a little update (before todayā€™s big October update) and didnā€™t check what was but I think since that moment I cannot access the share anymore. Weird uh?

Apparently a Windows 10 update caused problems with Samba recently. Have you installed Windows updates recently?

Iā€™m aware of that, but this is a Linux Samba server. An old one, but a robust and working one too.

Maybe I can install latest updates over my other working OSMC Krypton and watch if it starts behaving like the ill one. But not today, not tomorrow because the healthy OSMC is placed at the living room and wifey will beat me if I break that on sunday. :grin:

Iā€™ll keep you informed, but it doesnā€™t look like something from my side. Until this weekend there was no problem with smb shares over Krypton on my both rbp1 at all.

Please, donā€™t forget to check if others have the browsing smb shares empty problem when trying to add souces from workgroups from inside Kodi. Thatā€™s a different one, but maybe related or a clue that something changed over Kodi as a smb client. I use direct fixed sources.xml so donā€™t need to browse, but it called my attention when I tried to re-add from inside Krypton the share of the previous mentioned problem and failed to find even the working ones. That happens on my both OSMC Krypton installs no matter how updated they are.