[TESTING] Kodi 17 (Krypton) builds for Raspberry Pi (continued)

Running the following commands should resolve your issue, although it appears you are not on the staging repository.

sudo-real apt-get update
sudo-real apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo-real dpkg-divert --remove --package base-files-osmc --rename --divert /usr/bin/sudo-real /usr/bin/sudo
sudo reboot
1 Like

@sam_nazarko sudo-real is not a valid command on my 2 RBPi’s.

You are not on staging therefore this fix doesn’t apply for you!

Was to resolve my issue since im on staging

16.8-167, 11 Oct 2016: Based off OSMC commit (737260b4) and newclock5 (a4b9d3b)

XBMC:
[doxygen] update python listitem documentation (PR:10662, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
fix encrypted DVD playback fixes #16965 (PR:10667, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
aarch64 build support (PR:10659, 25 commits, 52 files changed)
VideoPlayer: fix general synchronize, often resulted in global timeout (PR:10668, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
[VTB/GLES] - release CVBuffer after it actually has been rendered (PR:10652, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
[cmake] get_filename_component(… PATH) is deprecated. Use DIRECTORY instead (PR:10660, 1 commit, 10 files changed)
AE: Explicitely check for DTS for making settings invisible (PR:10666, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
[xbmc][cleanup] Remove hardcoded bitness from CSysInfo (PR:10637, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
VideoPlayer: fix subsequent seeks (PR:10665, 4 commits, 3 files changed)

newclock5:

New commits in this build:
Revert “[dvdmessage] Increase timeout on CDVDMsgGeneralSynchronize” (5c38c80f)
VideoPlayer: fix general synchronize after Commit:48301ed (f263018d)
VideoPlayer: do not wait for teletext msg queue to be empty, makes no sense (a4b9d3b6)

A few days ago the Picture Slideshow Screensaver was automatically updated from 3.1.3 to 4.2.0, now the problem is gone, the screensaver is working fine.

talk to the addon developer OSMC has no bearing on this.

Can anybody help me adding the staging repo? what is the link i need to add to the sources.list

Is there a specific reason you wish to use this repository?

• It’s mainly intended for developers
  • Things can break, and if they do, we will provide you with absolutely no support and simply tell you to reinstall OSMC, as it’s often the easiest way to fix things.
  • I do not publicly document what the changes are, they are only covered in Slack (internal comms).

If you’re happy with that, I suggest you search for ‘staging’. I won’t list the repository publicly again as I want to introduce a variety of changes to that repository in the coming days that will not be stable. The repository itself is a moving target. I don’t need users telling me it’s not stable when I know it isn’t and failing to providing proper feedback (logs, bug reports).

I’m quite surprised that we see a number of users running test builds here but not providing debug logs or proper bug reports when things go wrong. This makes me reluctant to expand testing further at this time. I think the solution for the future may be to cherry pick users who are keen to test things and report things well and get them to test things more frequently.

Cheers

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the response.

I understand where your coming from entirely. I really wish I was more knowledgeable in order to help with testing etc. I’m interested in the Staging repository as since updating to the latest version I have the infinite boot loop. I actually don’t There there are many bugs at all. And the work you have done on ‘Krypton’ is superb just want to get my mediacenter back up and running without having to downgrade.

Your work is superb and I hope to be able to keep using it. If there are anyways I can help feel free to get in touch I’m always up for a challenge.

Cheers Josh

Using the staging repository won’t resolve this, as GMC’s builds remain authoritative over staging (due to how they are versioned).

I believe in recent days a couple of builds were not working as expected due to bugs in Kodi upstream. I would suggest the following:

• Try and downgrade to an earlier build. I know you said you don’t want to downgrade, but downgrading to a nightly a couple of days prior isn’t really a significant downgrade in that regard
  • Wait a day or so and try upgrading again
  • Try moving ~/.kodi directory somewhere else and see if this alleviates the situation. Your issue may lie with an add-on or skin.

Thanks for the kind words. I may just take you up on that

Sam

Tried the latest build to see if it was okay before downgrading. Is there anything I can do of use before downgrading for your testing?

• Upload a log (see Wiki for info on this)
  • Try move .kodi directory, this is usually the issue

sometimes you have to downgrade its just as simple as that :slight_smile:

just remember if your gonna submit a log make sure that you have the debug option in kodi turned on

Just rename your .kodi directory

What’s difference between GMC and Sam’s krypton testing? Shouldn’t they be merged into one now.

GMC’s test builds are based on newclock5 and Kodi master.

My builds are based on Krypton, and are a preview of the next stable release of OSMC. Not all commits in newclock5 are appropriate for inclusion in the stable release.

When Kodi Krypton is released, @gmc will still produce builds, but they will be based on v18 master and newclock5.

1 Like

16.8-168, 13 Oct 2016: Based off OSMC commit (7369d1aa6) and newclock5 (459aebfc)

OSMC:
Update AC3/DTS enablement patch to use CAEStreamInfo definition (7369d1aa6)

XBMC:
[PVR] Recording home screen widget: Fix info dialog (show recording info, not generic video info). (PR:10676, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
support reusing of CFile::m_pFile (PR:10658, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
Add explicit ordering on song join queries - fix bug on MariaDB (PR:10657, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
[cmake] Fix double install of skins (PR:10656, 3 commits, 6 files changed)

peripheral.joystick:
Fix extra call to RefreshButtonMaps() (f902039d)
Fix controller transformation not working correctly (f3afc3da)
Add debug logging when overwriting a feature (6e891ac7)
[storage] Capture by reference (d3b36c4a)
.gitignore: Add “.settings” (d1d343ec)
Improve readability of CButtonMapXml::IsValid() (1cf4ae49)
Fix button maps refreshing from disk during wizard (121ea70e)
[buttonmaps] cocoa: Add button map for Retrolink SNES controller (d9b83d8f)

pvr.iptvsimple:
fixup build on windows after Commit:0532986 (PR:90, 1 commit, 1 file changed)

newclock5:

New commits in this build:
Revert “[dvdmessage] Increase timeout on CDVDMsgGeneralSynchronize” (5c38c80f)
VideoPlayer: fix general synchronize after Commit:48301ed (f263018d)
VideoPlayer: do not wait for teletext msg queue to be empty, makes no sense (a4b9d3b6)

Guys i have a 55 inch suhd tv and theres no way to make kodi fit to screen, max resolution is 1080p and the tv doesnt seem to rescale it well. How to get kodi gui fit to screen?

There is an option to calibrate Kodi check their wiki on how to do that
http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/Display
please open a separate thread in the future on basic stuff like this :slight_smile: