[TESTING] Kodi 17 (Krypton) builds for Raspberry Pi (continued)

16.8-169, 14 Oct 2016: Based off OSMC commit (7369d1aa6) and newclock5 (d1c1e6)

XBMC:
Album is compilation and last played rules and fix missing sort orders in smart playlists (PR:10618, 3 commits, 7 files changed)
[MediaSettings] - fixed loading interlacemode_none from defaultsettings (PR:10677, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
[PVR] Fix: activate/deactivate read-only timer (PR:10686, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
VideoPlayer: fix relative seeks (PR:10674, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
[AE/OsxSink] fix 16bit ne passthrough when there is no dedicated encoded stream (PR:10680, 3 commits, 3 files changed)
[gui] cleanup: remove checkmark control leftovers (PR:10692, 1 commit, 2 files changed)

peripheral.joystick:
Remove SDL driver (PR:56, 1 commit, 6 files changed)
Remove unused strings.po file (8f0bf96c)
[buttonmaps/linux] Fixups (1c7a48a2)
[buttonmaps] Fix default genesis controller mapping (4faefa0b)
Demote log level to debug (cbcf1572)
[cosmetic] Improve documentation in Settings.h (29e7e3c7)
Fix return type in AnomalousTrigger.h (8a88254f)
[cosmetic] Add whitespace (180f28cc)

newclock5:

New commits in this build:
Define RPI=1 so we can use VPU/QPU acceleration patches when building ffmpeg via autobuild.sh (920f2965)
VideoPlayer: fix CDVDMessageQueue::WaitUntilEmpty (d4d42fad)
VideoPlayer: make sure first frame of a new stream is displayed without delay, signal started when frame is picked for render (8dd11f53)
squash: VideoPlayer: fix CDVDMessageQueue::WaitUntilEmpty (d1c1e64f)

Commits no longer in build:
VideoPlayer: pass parameters for seek mode in a structure (1fed6b70)
VideoPlayer: do not block caller on relative seeks (e3407e95)
squash: VideoPlayer: pass parameters for seek mode in a structure (459aebfc)

16.8-170, 15 Oct 2016: Based off OSMC commit (7369d1aa6) and newclock5 (68bb1092)

XBMC:
[cmake] Fix building main executable (PR:10694, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
[video] fix NFO parsing of 's (PR:10641, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
VideoPlayer: make sure first frame of a new stream is displayed witho… (PR:10696, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
added: include watched status for movies in actor search dialog (PR:10688, 1 commit, 1 file changed)

peripheral.joystick:
[linux] Improve error logging (1dcf5908)

pvr.dvblink:
pvr.dvblink v3.3.6 (Krypton) Fixed: PVR_TIMER.iClientIndex handling bug #58 (PR:61, 1 commit, 4 files changed)

newclock5:
MMALRender: Switch to deinterlace mode where frame flags are exclusively used (68bb1092)
VideoPlayer: make sure first frame of a new stream is displayed without delay, signal started when frame is picked for render (8dd11f53)
squash: VideoPlayer: fix CDVDMessageQueue::WaitUntilEmpty (d1c1e64f)

Sad face crash after installing latest 171 build. It boots, I see the OSMC logo, but right when you expect to see KODI, a giant sad face appears instead.
Then screen goes black after a few seconds, and then sadface comes back. And it keeps on and off for all eternity.

Also noticed some other bug, after every update the past 5-10 updates, my background pic is reset to default, and all the main menu items that I had deselected (Videos, Music, Pictures, TV, Radio) are re-enabled again. Why is that?

Darn! Didnt help reverting back to 170. Still Sad-Face. Man I hate this part haha. For the 10th time this year, format and resinstall everything…

I had the problem also. It seems to be due to an addon. If you rename or delete
the Addons26.db Kodi start normally. I have downgraded to version 170 and taken the Addons26.db from my backup last night. And everything is as before.

Ok! I had to downgrade all the way to 160 before Kodi start normally without Addons26.db deletion.

So does 160 work without deleting Addons26.db, and 161 crashes.
Can you post a debug log.
There were quite a few changes between 160 and 161.

That whole debug log is pretty lost it seems we been ranting about that debug log for the twenty last posts but Users doesnt really read all that much

DEBUG LOGS PLEASE !!!

wish i could make it blinking and red :grin:

1 Like

16.8-171, 18 Oct 2016: Based off OSMC commit (7369d1aa6) and newclock5 (24f1b53)

XBMC:
[dxva] fix hw decoding on some mpeg2 files and DVDs (PR:10644, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
Export max value in ratings by default (PR:10627, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
VideoPlayer: fix CDVDMessageQueue::WaitUntilEmpty (PR:10697, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
Fix joysticks not being detected on android startup (PR:10689, 1 commit, 2 files changed)

peripheral.joystick:
[FIX] Don’t mark callback as __cdecl when (PR:57, 1 commit, 3 files changed)

newclock5:

MMALFFMpeg: Report as SW decode in codec overlay info (24f1b532)

[dvdmessage] Increase timeout on CDVDMsgGeneralSynchronize (fc81f34a)
Revert “[dvdmessage] Increase timeout on CDVDMsgGeneralSynchronize” (e6c6a38b)
Define RPI=1 so we can use VPU/QPU acceleration patches when building ffmpeg via autobuild.sh (3ba5b179)
VideoPlayer: fix CDVDMessageQueue::WaitUntilEmpty (b6ad29f0)

Yepp! 161 is a no-go. Only 160 is working. I even tried the 172 today but same crash.
Im not sure how to get a debug file, trying to figure it out now. Should I just turn on debug in Kodi and flash update? How do I retreive it with a crashed Kodi?

If you are unable to turn it on in Kodi then you can create an advancedsettings.xml file and enable it there.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

grab-logs -A via ssh

1 Like

Logfile
Updated to 172 again and the crash.

I update from 170 to 172 with crashed Kodi
here is the debug log
Kodi debug log

1 Like

Seems to be some addons issue. Also just has this issue on a test pi. If I rename Addons26.db and restart osmc it boots normally.

Hi there,

i tried to upgrade from OSCM: 2016.09-1 to 16.8-172 (Krypton) with no luck.
i deleted Addons26.db from /Database directory but the RPi3 is still crashing at boot.
I will post my log file… that i’m trying to grab.

There appear to be some issues with add-ons currently in Kodi upstream. I am sure this will be resolved soon.

171 to 172 = restart loop
“sudo mv /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc/ ~/skin.osmc.bak/” = working w/ no osmc skin
Once working, exit and
“sudo mv ~/skin.osmc.bak/ /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.osmc/” or “sudo apt-get --reinstall install mediacenter-skin-osmc”
resulted in either the restart loop , or ‘The following add-ons are incompatible with this version of Kodi and have been automatically disabled: OSMC’

172 to 161 = restart loop
same as above worked

161 to 172 with skin.osmc moved/not installed = no restart loop and 0 sad face restarts

172 to 161 with skin.osmc moved/not installed = no restart loop and 0 sad face restarts

I use confluence myself and only looked at skin.osmc because I had ‘The following add-ons are incompatible with this version of Kodi and have been automatically disabled: OSMC’ pop-up after removing the Addons26.db during 171 to 172.

I understand the value of the debug logs, debugging is always enabled + some component specific for debugging add-ons but this has been a case where the kodi logs have been completely useless so I kept none.
Hope this feedback is of more use than the logs/lack of have been.

2 Likes

The current OSMC skin is not compatible with Kodi Krypton. I recently added a patch will ensure the skin is enabled (Kodi will disable all non-essential add-ons between versions). This is likely causing the problem here.

@gmc Might be worth pushing the new skin for some feedback.

Sam

I’ve pushed the new skin to the repo.

mediacenter-skin-osmc-4.0.0-1.deb

Run a few tests here and its fixed the sad face issue.